Notices

hello

Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello

my name is bianca and i do not know where to start. i have been in counseling for 3-4 months? due to alcohol. i do not need it daily but can not leave it alone. i work 9-5pm, never any problems... few hangovers since i drink 1-2 beers a day. some days, i tend to drink more... 3-4 beers or more? but, at all... i have my life and family straight. i just can not stop. my husband sees this and i know what i am doing is not ok, i just do not know why or how to stop. i just love to have the beer after a day to unwind.my husband makes me aware of my problem and i know i have it but continiously do it.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi bianca. I'm only on day 1 so can't give much advise, however I have already found tha reading people's stories on here has helped today
Old 07-02-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us.

I think that you will need to believe that you need to stop drinking for yourself, if you want it to work. Recovery is very hard and I don't think it's something you can do for your husband or for anyone but yourself.

Take a look around and see what we have to offer.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Bianca, you've come to a good place. I think a lot of times we try to gauge whether we have a problem based on the amount that we drink. The amount ties in but it's more how you drink when you drink and if it's something that creates problems in your life.

This is a great place to share and to get some great advice. I'm newly sober, a little over a month. I've found tremendous help here.

Welcome!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Bianca.

I hope being here will give you the support you need. I found it was such a relief to not be alone with the problem. Glad you reached out for help.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
we try to gauge whether we have a problem based on the amount that we drink. The amount ties in but it's more how you drink when you drink and if it's something that creates problems in your life.
Amazingly true. Struggled with that for a long time. I don't drink everyday. I don't think I am physically addicted to alcohol in the sense that I need a detox or I need a drink to get through the day.....but I drink too much too often, make an ass out of my self, behave irrationally, get angry, argumentative and irritable and turn into a person that I despise. Not to mention far too often I cannot remember evenings due to drinking too much and I wake up freaked out not knowing what I have done, said or destroyed.

It has taken so long to realize that it does not really matter what other people think constitutes alcoholism, addiction or "a problem."

It is entirely relative to you and how you feel inside. You know yourself better than anyone else. Trust what your mind, body and soul are screaming at you.