Notices

Sister's Wedding

Old 06-24-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey Kayla! Look, there is no problem that drinking can't make worse. Instead of worrying about what your parents may or may not do, how about you do something positive for your situation? Posting here is good. Keep it up! Have you checked out AA in your area? I know it's hard to go to meetings when you're anxious but the people there have been insinuations similar to yours. Call your local AA hotline and let them help you find a meeting. I've called that hotline in the middle of the night and the guy that answered was really helpful. It was just great to talk to an alcoholic in recovery. I've found that connecting to other sober alcoholics, especially other women, has been wonderful for me. I need to not feel alone in my recovery and they help me realize that a lot of my perceived problems either only exist in my head or aren't as bad as I think they are. Don't try to tackle this alone. It's very scary and uncomfortable in the beginning but it gets better pretty quick. Get connected and get to work. You don't ever have to feel this way again.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, please keep posting Kayla. I've been thinking of you all night. We care and we want to help.

I've done the same sort of things - and I'm sitting here over 5 yrs. sober - so I know you can find your way out of this and begin a new life. You are young and have everything to look forward to - don't stop believing in yourself.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I've just seen your thread and wondering how you are Kayla?

I hope you are ok.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm still really depressed and anxious. My mom has briefly talked to me but I haven't approached my dad. I'm heartbroken I didn't get to see my sister get married. I'm still considering moving into town if I can find a cheap apt. I have a hard time finding any hope in this. And i have never been able to surrender to a HP. My parents have known I'm an alcoholic for a long time. That's the main reason I had to come live with them. I just keep burning bridges.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Kayla - don't give up! We are not hopeless or helpless - it just seems that way right now.

I've seen people rise up from some HUGE piles of ashes. And I mean life altering, catastrophic events caused by addiction. But they made it to the other side by their resolve and desire to have a different life. You can too. I know you can.

Grab help wherever you can get it. Fight for your life. You are worth it.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Kayla50 View Post
My parents never came home last night. That tells me things are about to get very bad. I don't know what they will do about me. Please pray for me.
Whatever they do is for the best. Its always darkest before the dawn. Maybe this is just what you needed to straighten your life out.