Notices

A new Saturday

Old 06-22-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new Saturday

During my active drinking when my BF's plans didn't align with mine, I would leave and troll the bars in my town myself. Seven sober months (actually on Monday) later my plans didn't align with his and I left. But I didn't go out to the bars despite being somewhat bored, resentful, and lonely. I stayed home, watched bad tv, read a few chapters and went to bed.

As a result, I wake up early this Saturday morning feeling great! I don't have to work through the logistics of getting my son to a week-long camp today with a hangover. I don't have to wonder how much money I wasted last night. I don't have to figure out where my car, purse, cellphone, or keys are ...they are all right where I left them last night. I don't have to feel guilty, depressed and disgusted with myself having made out with or done something worse with someone as I was pretty friendly when ticked off and drunk. I am SOOOOO grateful I do not have to deal with any of this today!!

Change IS possible. Getting sober IS possible. Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ah what a great post! Your night in (including the crap tv) sounds much better then a night out hitting he bars! It's great feeling fresh on a Saturday! Woo hoo to you and congratulations for Monday on your 7 months!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Soberclover,

Nice to read such a happy post early on a Saturday morning!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
During my active drinking when my BF's plans didn't align with mine, I would leave and troll the bars in my town myself. Seven sober months (actually on Monday) later my plans didn't align with his and I left. But I didn't go out to the bars despite being somewhat bored, resentful, and lonely. I stayed home, watched bad tv, read a few chapters and went to bed.

As a result, I wake up early this Saturday morning feeling great! I don't have to work through the logistics of getting my son to a week-long camp today with a hangover. I don't have to wonder how much money I wasted last night. I don't have to figure out where my car, purse, cellphone, or keys are ...they are all right where I left them last night. I don't have to feel guilty, depressed and disgusted with myself having made out with or done something worse with someone as I was pretty friendly when ticked off and drunk. I am SOOOOO grateful I do not have to deal with any of this today!!

Change IS possible. Getting sober IS possible. Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Isnt it fun when you start to see the benefits of clear headed thinking and how much better things are when you are using? I love moments and discoveries like the one you posted about. Im a bit over 2 years sober and I still find myself in surprising situations that make me so happy to be where I am. Even little things, like being in the gym on a Sunday morning, instead of boarded up in my apartment nursing a hangover and wasting another day. I stop and appreciate these moments, because they are why I do what I do. They make me excited and thrilled to be present and living my life in a healthy way. Congrats.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post

Love it. I am only newly sober but god even now it's so terrific not to be hungover. Instead of struggling to the beach with my son I can't wait to pack up and deal with whatever comes our way.

SO much better than holding my throbbing head on the couch as another day passes.

Thank you for that post!