Notices

Brand new and excited to be here

Old 06-15-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey there! I hope that you find this site to be great support in your life. We all need it. Welcome aboard!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

bsmac02

SR has become an integral part of my recovery and living a sober life in AA, and a sane life in Alanon.

Your willingnes to help others is key for any type of recovery you choose!

This is a good post to end the day with....sober Fathers' Day tomorrow!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Right on man! Happy Father's Day to you, Pal!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

This place is wonderful.

It is clear from even just a few of your posts that you have a really great attitude which I think is really awesome. Keep that up and you'll do just fine with quitting.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
Welcome to SR!!

This place is wonderful.

It is clear from even just a few of your posts that you have a really great attitude which I think is really awesome. Keep that up and you'll do just fine with quitting.
That means a lot! Thank you for those kind words. There's a lot of great energy here, so I'm going to do my best to keep that goodness alive!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I have achieved 70 days with the help of my SR friends. A great resource and great people.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Welcome to SR. I have achieved 70 days with the help of my SR friends. A great resource and great people.
Congrats on 70 days friend! How do you feel?!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Like a new man: the fog has lifted, I no longer wish to kill myself, I no longer hide my drinking, and I enjoy doing my hobbies and no longer fear I will lose my job by being hungover and sick from a day of slamming vodka after vodka.

Not easy but worth it.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Like a new man: the fog has lifted, I no longer wish to kill myself, I no longer hide my drinking, and I enjoy doing my hobbies and no longer fear I will lose my job by being hungover and sick from a day of slamming vodka after vodka.

Not easy but worth it.
I can dig that man. Thanks for sharing. I'm happy that you feel so fulfilled! Can't wait till the day that I can proudly say I hit day 70!!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

bsmac, how is everything going for you today?
Old 06-16-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome Brandon.....Great to see you Here.This Sober Site Has Saved Many Lives....and is a great Support in those early days....thanks to the Internet ,it has given us Many New ways of Getting Connected....For me Though I needed the Face to Face Meetings as well....
Im going Trying...one Day at a Time Getting off those Cursed Gigs...Here Goes.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

bsmac, how is everything going for you today?
Sorry for the late reply my friend. Today was really okay. Father's day always kind of bums me out cause my father sucked. So there's was a great deal of temptation to drink away those memories today to be honest. But when then I reminded myself why he sucked, because of the bottle, and I was able to talk myself out of it. The struggle is definitely real, but I find new reasons every day to remain sober. I really appreciate you asking, felt good to get that off my chest.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by micealc View Post
Welcome Brandon.....Great to see you Here.This Sober Site Has Saved Many Lives....and is a great Support in those early days....thanks to the Internet ,it has given us Many New ways of Getting Connected....For me Though I needed the Face to Face Meetings as well....
Im going Trying...one Day at a Time Getting off those Cursed Gigs...Here Goes.
Thanks for your post and warm words! Yes, this is day two on the site and I friggin love it. I can just pull out my phone and chat it up with cool people whenever I'm feeling down or feel an urge to "drink the worm". We're all in this together and I feel blessed just having you all "here" with me. You got this, I got this, we got this... So lets get this!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Kudos to you on getting through a tough day, that's huge. I can understand, my family relations are actually estranged, but it still has an effect on me nonetheless. That's where this place has been a great to share issues, read and get great support for committing to sobriety through those times times, ....and happy times too. Hang in there!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I had an alcoholic ass of a father and sadly I was one too. Don't make that mistake and don't let the alcoholic affect you either.

Congrats on a sober weekend!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnwFlower View Post
Kudos to you on getting through a tough day, that's huge. I can understand, my family relations are actually estranged, but it still has an effect on me nonetheless. That's where this place has been a great to share issues, read and get great support for committing to sobriety through those times times, ....and happy times too. Hang in there!
Correction, I meant to say "tough times" not "times times"

That's all.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bsmac02 View Post
Sorry for the late reply my friend. Today was really okay. Father's day always kind of bums me out cause my father sucked. So there's was a great deal of temptation to drink away those memories today to be honest. But when then I reminded myself why he sucked, because of the bottle, and I was able to talk myself out of it. The struggle is definitely real, but I find new reasons every day to remain sober. I really appreciate you asking, felt good to get that off my chest.
Glad to hear you made it through the day! I can so relate to what you're saying about finding new reasons every day to remain sober. The same thing happened to me... and 10 weeks in I'm still finding new reasons!

Hope today goes well for you.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you made it through the day! I can so relate to what you're saying about finding new reasons every day to remain sober. The same thing happened to me... and 10 weeks in I'm still finding new reasons!

Hope today goes well for you.
Thank you I hope the same for you!

My name is Brandon