Notices

Feeling good about recovery

Old 06-11-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling good about recovery

Hi. I'm Clayton and am feeling good about recovery and sobriety. Feeling healthy is great. If I can help you in any way let me know. I am trying to get off Facebook and use sober sites since most of my Facebook friends drink. I go to AA everyday so I see a lot of people but would like to chat on here too. How are you doing in sobriety? I am dealing with work stress (too much work) girlfriend issues (she is sleeping with another guy), debt, and a few minor things. Any advice to being accepting and loving to resentments would be helpful thanks! I am keeping my mouth shut, being nice, and praying. Would be good to hear your experiences.

Clayton
Old 06-12-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome Clayton. Glad you found us.

I try to give the same accept and love to others the way I hope they give it to me. Even when they don't. The key word there is try. Some days are better than others.

Resentments - I dealt with those on the 4th step and now try not to build any more.

Sounds like you're doing the right things. Keep it up!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you found us and joined the family!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Clayton!

Weclome to SR! How new in recovery are you? Within the first 6 months to a year it is hard to be around alot of drinking people. So, yes I had to cut a few of my peeps from FB and other such sites.

However as more time went on it got easier to be around those that were drinking. So, if you aren't there yet... or if you never get there. That is okay. We are all different in our resource levels.

So, resentments... I work really hard to look at myself before I look at the other people. What is it about your gf situation that is bothering you? That she is lying or the action itself? The fix what is broken in you... and move forward... by being straight up with her. Or by breaking up. That is your call.

Best of luck!
Saliena
Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Saliena. I guess it is the fact that I'm jealous that she is sleeping with some one else and I am not. We are not sleeping with one another either. Just kind of difficult for me. She is not being very considerate but neither am I. I don't think we were good for each other anyway.