Notices

So mad at myself!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Angry So mad at myself!

I was doing really well, nearly 2 months sober. Then I fell off the wagon Sunday night. Grrrrrrrrrr! 2 nights in a row. This morning the rest of the bottle got flushed down the laundry tub. I don't even enjoy it anymore! Plus the money I'm wasting. I hate that it takes me away from other things. I hate the way I feel the next morning. No more no more no more!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Get back up and start over again. You did it before, you can do it again.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

That is the plan!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glasscat - Being sober is so rewarding. Once you know that feeling, you crave it. You want it back. Now that you know that, sounds like you are willing to work at it and do it again. I'm with you on this journey. Hold on, as it can get bumpy.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm with both of you! Today is my second day and I feel better already. But the cravings are still lurking. I have had as much as 2 months, to the day, of sobriety and somehow let it go. Now I've been racking up a week here and there, but I want off of that rollercoaster. Its too much work, and always full of regret. Marjoram..I couldn't have said it better myself..I crave how I felt during those sober weeks/months. I know that's the only way to live. Anything less and I am shortchanging myself and those who love me.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

I know how good I feel when I'm sober, how much more I enjoy life and people and doing things that now when I do have an oopsy like last night and the night before, I just don't even enjoy it! I'm still annoyed at myself. I'm just hoping the husband didn't notice. He quit drinking close to 30 years ago. Just quit one night and never ever picked it up again. He went to AA but stopped. However, he just doesn't understand when I have a relapse and basically told me to not even use that word because it's just an excuse. I don't get him and don't discuss my journey with him at all. It's a subject not open for discussion in our house. Too bad because you'd think he could be so helpful but he's really just very judgmental considering he knows.

Oh well, I have you all for support and my AA meetings. Thank you and I appreciate it all so much. I'm very grateful.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your husband might have used to know, but a lot of forgetting can occur in 30 years. Kind of like how you made it through potty training, but might not remember what it was like.

And hindsight is 20/20. With what I know now successfully being off of cigarettes, I would have no sympathy for my relapsing a$$ of a few years ago. I would be like "just quit already!" But it wasn't that easy a few years ago for me.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. . . I fell off the wagon a few days ago and was really mad at myself. The important thing is that you keep trying!! :-)
My partner gets mad at me when I get drunk as he says that I turn into a different person. He still drinks and manages a bar. . . he doesn't seem to understand that visiting the bar and sticking to soft drinks is really difficult!!
You will get there and remember everyone's journey is different. Your husband is very lucky that he can stop "just like that."
Lots of love. xxx
Old 06-11-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What was it on Sunday night that made you cave GC? I'm guessing you do have numbers you could call since you use AA, and you could also come here - someone's always got the light on! Perhaps some immediate accountability would help you get over the hump?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, I wonder why you decided to drink after two months sober. I think it's really important to figure out what happened and look at it closely. That way, it won't have to happen again.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

several slips before I got serious

Originally Posted by Glasscat View Post

I hate that it takes me away from other things.

I hate the way I feel the next morning.

No more no more no more!!!!!!
sounds like you wish to be done with it

you can get another couple of months sober before you know it

I had several slips before I got serious
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Perhaps some immediate accountability would help you get over the hump?
Definitely! I have done that in the past... jumped in the car and went to a meeting... called an AA friend, etc. I just failed on Sunday.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Yeah, I wonder why you decided to drink after two months sober. I think it's really important to figure out what happened and look at it closely. That way, it won't have to happen again.
I was feeling sorry for myself Sunday night. I think that was a big part. Sunday nights are dangerous and I need to watch that. I think I should plan a regular Sunday evening meeting and now that I'm thinking about it again, I DID look at the When and Where and the meetings all seemed too inconvenient, too far, etc. I don't like this place, I don't like that place, maybe it was just an excuse. Or I should hop online and come here... or call and get a cup of coffee with someone. My son has even offered to meet me for coffee if I'm struggling. I need to just do SOMETHING ELSE, ANYTHING ELSE really! Thanks for point that out.