Notices

Summer trigger

Old 06-11-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Summer trigger

Oh dear, I have really messed up. I was found by my wife unconscious outside on the lawn. I think I had pissed myself too. How I got home I do not know. I do know I didnt drive as I had the train that morning. Phone gone, wallet gone.
Its been five days of binging since to keep the hang over at bay. Stopped today, and feeling so ashamed, embarrassed, upset and sick.
I have started going to AA and use avrt too. I had 5 weeks sober. I tend to be repeating a pattern of 3,4 or 5 weeks sober followed a massive binge which is getting worse each time. I really fell down the drain this time!
I know in three days Ill start to feel human again, but I cant face going into town and meeting someone who saw me in that state. I know I was in a full restaurant at one point, making a nuisance of myself. I am dying and cringing of embarrassment.
Day one all over again. Hot flushes, I know I have major night sweats later.
I must be mad. Getting divorced too. I am so upset.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Tabasco.

Some of us know the solution but for various reasons we're unwilling to give up on the idea we can find another way.

I was one of those guys. I had nights like yours waaaayyy too often....they still didn;t stop me.

I was one sick puppy.

There is a way to get well tho. One way.
We have to stop drinking.

We have to be prepared to do whatever it takes to do that.

It's not about summer, or friends or boredom or peer pressure.
It's about alcoholism.

You can get your life back - if you're prepared to do what's required.

D
Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What's done is done. Focus on one moment at a time from this point on. I just got sober again after a binge, and I feel good. I don't presume that I'm invincible--I just don't want to look too far into the future. Just one moment at a time. (This coming from someone else who's on Day Two! :-) ). You will get through this rough time.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Clearly....you need to stop drinking. And you can. When you hit that place of wanting to drink again, jump on to SR and ask for support/help/insight/suggestions. I got sober in the town I actively drank in and I had all that "stuff" that happened to you happen to me. Because I don't go to the same places or hang with the same people, it doesn't matter as much. The reality is that the best way that I can made amends for my past behavior is to stay sober...one day at a time. You CAN do this!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you as your experience refreshes my memory with the fact that if I don't pick up the first drink I DON'T have to try to get sober again. BE WELL
Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there tabasco. Today is my first day without a drink in many months. I am taking today one minute at a time until I get to a meeting at 7
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Tabasco! Stay close...read..post...just don't drink...today.Today is all you got.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you stop drinking, none of this will ever happen again. Get help if you need it, whether counseling, AA or another program, or something! Just make some big changes in your life to prevent this from happening again.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering

You're in my thoughts and prayers Tabasco.

Meanwhile, hop up on this wagon with us. It's going great places!