Notices

Day 4 and i have woken up with what seems to be a hangover

Old 06-06-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and i have woken up with what seems to be a hangover

this is very strange, woken up this morning as if ive been on a heavy night out last night even though i haven't touched a drop. is this normal??
Old 06-06-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have woken up with a distinct hangover feeling without drinking. I'm not sure what causes it. Perhaps dehydration?

It hasn't happened to me this week (beginning of day 6 here) and the last time it happened, I don't remember how long it had been since my last drink. Knowing me, it hadn't been more than three days or so.

I'm always tired because I live in a noisy environment and don't sleep well, but the only "weird" thing I've been feeling is that I'm extra fidgety and bored.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are all different and have different withdrawal symptoms but yeah. I woke up feeling extremely groggy and thirsty. Some days it seemed like it took all day for the fog to lift.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I had mornings like that at the begining especially if i'd hit the coffee or tea hard the day before .

I also still have days now where i don't feel quite right , most sober people i talk to call it "being under the weather" or " just having an off day " .

If it lasts see a Dr .

Day 4

M
Old 06-06-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is a good point. I spent along time being either hungover or REALLY hung over for a long time so I can't remember what it was like to wake up "under the weather" or "over tired" ... maybe I did but the hang over was normally the main feeling.
Good luck on the recovery m8
Old 06-06-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm over a year sober and I still feel like that some mornings. I think it's normal for anyone, drinker or not, to wake up feeling bad every once in a while. It especially happens when I overexert myself the day before and get dehydrated.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Twoworlds12345 View Post

is this normal??
first couple of weeks most anything can happen

we need to try to remember
how rough it was to sober up
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I felt great for like 2 days after quitting then like the 3rd day basically felt like hell- nausea headache tired etc... that lasted about 3 days then I just had standard sporadic paws stuff.

It seems like that 3rd 4th 5th day region causes a lot of trouble for people.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Twoworlds12345 View Post
this is very strange, woken up this morning as if ive been on a heavy night out last night even though i haven't touched a drop. is this normal??

Its pretty standard when entering recovery. Your body has a lot of work to do to heal all the damage you caused, especially to your mind. I had more than a few days waking up and feeling like I went on a bender, when I didnt. It gets better, and soon you will feel better than you ever thought you would. Good luck and god bless!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm on Day four this round too--and I woke up exhausted too. I was a little disappointed, but I'm getting better. Hang in there.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I posted the exact same question on day 4. I felt like I normally do on a Saturday or Sunday morning, which is severly hung over. I suspect it's withdrawal related....
Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've had this. I chalked it up to normal feelings waking up.. those feelings in the past were combined with drink so I probably always attributed /associated them to hangovers.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes, it's normal. I had a few days like that. It's PAWS related. Will take time for your brain/body chemistry to re-balance.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think day 4 is still withdrawal.

I always put it down to dehydration - I cut back my caffeine and made sure I drank enough water and it seemed to work for me.

D
Old 06-06-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Could be a lot of things. I get a hangover feeling nearly identical to booze from too much Sugar (Ice Cream) and or a lot of Pasta. Whacha' been eating, hydrating well? Exercise, even a walk after dinner seems to help me. I've heard the term "Phantom Hangover" a couple times from AA people, but never tried to really qualify where they were coming from with it.

As mentioned above Day 4 could just be part of normal withdrawals too. Just try to listen to you body and if any thing seems really out of wack seek out a pro. Congrats on Day 4.. It gets better!