Notices

romancing the drink....

Old 06-04-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

romancing the drink....

I've stayed sober for a while (for me, several weeks).....but, I still wanna drink sometimes. I have drank recently.....I just cannot stop the feelings....I'm frustrated that I'm not "supposed to drink".....it's like, the "forbidden" is attractive to me...but, I can't let anybody know.....and I'm pissed...
Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

To me, I just know how much better it feels to be sober and able to remember things now. You can quit drinking, we support you.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel alot of pressure right now. Idk if it was just a "phase" or if it's a life-long problem...is it worth finding out??...yes and no...I feel uncomfortable if I go to a party and everyone else is drinking except me...my drinking struggles are out in the open now, so people are watching......I hate that...I don't even wanna drink all the time, but if ever I do, it has to be a secret...like, if you ever had a drinking problem, ppl think you should never drink again...I wanna drink sometimes.....
Old 06-04-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wanted to drink too - right up until the very end and that day when I knew it was either drink more and die, or live.

It's hard to think of the end when you're not near it yet, but chances are you'll get there Carly if you keep drinking

I never did things because other people think I should. Still struggle with that.

The best motivation is an internal one.

The best motivation is the kind of life you can lead sober and the kind of person you can be.

I think you need to give it more than several weeks to find out what that life and who that person is tho Carly.

It's a leap of faith.
I hope you'll decide you're worth the leap one day soon

D
Old 06-04-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In early recovery it may be beneficial to stay away from parties. Drinking in "Secret" will lead to many other problems that you may not be prepared for. Did you quit drinking due to alcoholic problems on your own, or was it the pressure of friends and family?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I see that posted on here a lot. The " I want to drink socially " or " I tried to drink just a couple." I have yet to see a positive outcome. Maybe some have had success and therefore no longer post on here but I don't know. You may not be an alcoholic. I was just told by my mother today that she felt I was just a drunk who learned to be an alcoholic. I have NO idea what that means but she and I both know that I can never drink again. My days of wanting to drink with my friends have ended. My closest friends are ALL big drinkers and not one of them holds my sobriety against me. For the most part I may get the occasional question on how I'm doing and how am I doing it. I hope you find a solution that works for you without any circumstances. Good luck and positive thoughts your way.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I quit, because it was a problem.....to me and other people....
I'm lost...
Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carly2332 View Post
I quit, because it was a problem.....to me and other people....
I'm lost...
Being confused is alright. I understand how a person can romance drinking. This is why so many people say that we should not forget what brought us to sobriety, our last drink. The more you romance this the easier it will be for you to go out and drink. The consequences could be irreparable.