Notices

Tomorrow

Old 05-31-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow

Is a new day one. I had five weeks and blew it, for two months. Done. Ready to start over. Paranoia already hitting me. Stupid paranoia with no basis in reality. That's my biggest trigger. Help me see I have nothing to fear. I want sobriety!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on two months.

Are you afraid of being sober? If not, what are you afraid of? Frankly, most human fears are unfounded, but that doesn't stop many of us from "fearing" the ice may be too cold.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back SFMS. I had anxiety and panic for several weeks after quitting too. The good news is it starts to fade after a while, at least it did for me I'm about 5 months in and it has been drastically reduced from the first few weeks. Hang in there and things will definitely get better.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I'm at 9 months now...I never thought I could do it, but I am!! You can too. I know you have it in you!!!!!! Yay that you returned and are still fighting for your sobriety.

So proud of you
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

The fear of getting sober was far far greater for me than the actual getting sober SMFS.
good to see you back

D
Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, I am afraid of being sober, and of all kinds of stupid paranoid crap that's too stupid to even tell. But I know I can do it.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Looking forward to joining the June class! It'll hopefully be my last. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have a dinner out tonight and then tomorrow a drunken party... But I will be strong! I know I can do it!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

why not start right now SMFS?

D
Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh I am!!! I am not going to drink tonight or at the party tomorrow! I meant to imply I wasn't going to, that I can be strong!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am sober right now and it's scary but it's kind of nice
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You can do this. You are a strong person with a fierce will to get your life back.

Wishing you all the strength and courage needed to win this battle for good!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Of course you can do it, SFMS. There's no doubt. I played with getting sober for awhile, but now I have 5 yrs. 4 mos. The last time I blew it turned out to be - the last time ever. I wouldn't dream of messing up the life I have now. I'm free. You will be, too.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks! Made it through dinner with everyone else drinking. Wasn't even really tempted!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations SFMS,
You have one day down, another day tomorrow....one day at a time!
Thanks again for your welcome. Keep the Faith!
Thank You.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
I have a dinner out tonight and then tomorrow a drunken party... But I will be strong! I know I can do it!
Skip the drunken party! Why put yourself in tempting situations where u will be miserable. They will get over u not being there and most won't remember if u were there or not if their drunk. It's your life. You have to be proactive and avoid anything that is going to jeopardize your recovery.

You need to be more concerned about your sobriety than what others think.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

FEAR

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

An acronym that Helps me greatly from time to time. Try to smile; you can do this!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I had to go to the party, it was an event my husband was running at. But it went fine and I wasn't tempted yay!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The fear of getting sober was far far greater for me than the actual getting sober SMFS.
good to see you back

D
Now that hit home. Yes, the fear of it is much more troubling than actually doing it. Once we start getting momentum things seem less daunting and more worthwhile. There is so much to discover once we are over the hurdle....Like, night driving, flavored beverages of all sorts, energy, classes that you may have wanted to take, laughing that is authentic, weight loss, a community of like minded people, physical well being, decreased anxiety, decreased depression, one may find that they are not even depressed at all, no more nausea, hobbies, money, the ability to sleep well at night, over time TRUST, the house is much cleaner, movies are remembered, dates are kept with friends and family, blood pressure and cholesterol can return to normal levels for individuals, clear skin and mind, waking up hangover FREE. Oh, and FREEDOM from a mental and physical addiction that robs us of our lives!

I am happy that you made it back to us, and made it back to you. Keep on with the good work. We are all here for support and comfort. You are not alone. Congrats on making it through that party. It can be a tough spot for some.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You are so right! All those things ring true for me.

The party wasn't bad. I've always been a solitary drinker anyway, so it's long days home alone that will prove far more tough for me than a drunken street party. Believe it or not, I can't stand being around drunks! I've never been one to get really drunk and act crazy or get loud, and I find it hard to watch in others. I drank to kill anxiety, not to get totally wasted. That said, that doesn't make me any better than a sloppy drunk. Just a different style of alcohol abuse.

I think what I look forward to most is not waking up sick. I don't get typical hangovers. I feel bright and refreshed in the morning even after drinking the whole prior day. But I always felt sick and gagged a lot. Yuck, and it went away last time I was sober for a stretch.

Of course I am thrilled to not be drinking as a mom, too. Sure I was careful, didn't drink and drive, and never neglected my son any way, but it's still not right. I want to be a good example for him, too.