Notices

feeling a little discouraged.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling a little discouraged.

Hi everyone.
i just wanted to start off saying how inspiring you all are to eachother. that made me feel really comfortable with becoming a member. Today is day 7 sober for me. I was feeling really discouraged with the way I felt so I googled how long it takes to recover from opiate addiction, and this site popped up! Ive made it thru the worst of the worst. with the first couple of days. I could not get out of bed, and at night I was literally ready to chop my legs off. The restless legs seemed to be the absolute worst for me, nothing seemed to help. But I just tried to keep the faith and push on. On day 7 the biggest problems im facing is the lack of energy, the stomach problems (running to the bathroom A LOT), and the depression. Ive been pushing myself a little more each day, since day 3 ive been going out and doing things. It is still so incredibly hard to get out of bed, and getting myself and my daughter ready for the day pretty much takes up all the energy I have. Ive been relying on immodium a lot as well. I just want to know if it ever gets better from here? I feel proud of myself making it thru the first 3 days, but now I feel like im in a rut . Trying so incredibly hard to stay positive.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello smile21. Yes, it does get better with each day that you don't use. Keep coming here and reading there is lots of information for you. You are doing well with the physical symptoms, also be aware that the mental obsession will be there too. Just know that each day you stay clean is an accomplishment and they do add up. I'm an addict and alcoholic and have been both drug and alcohol free since Aug 21, 2007. It hasn't been easy and requires a lot of work BUT I can promise you, it has been worth it. Glad you are here.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just wanted to show some support and tell you that you CAN do it. Just keep breathing. I haven't dealt with your scenario personally... Alcohol was my DOC but Ive heard how crazy opiate withdrawal is (my mom takes methadone) and I wish you the best!!! Stay strong! :-)
Old 05-27-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Smile , I certainly relate to what your going through, Im going through it myself, its 24 days for me, Im still fighting with the energy, the anxiety comes & goes, sometimes more than others depending on how my daily life is going, I guess thats somewhat "Normal" The bathroom issues have been gone for awhile, still a little foggy headed I guess thats the best way to describe it? It does get better, your through the worst part now. I found that day 9 through 19 were the best days for me but everyone is different, and YES there is some depression, I think thats simply because of the lack of energy and just not feeling motivated. But as I said you have made it through the worst part so stay strong! You can do it!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Each day you don't use you'll be feeling better. I'm glad you found us and joined the family!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Smile

I don't know much about opiates but I do know things get better - I reckon few of us would stay in recovery if they didn't

D
Old 05-27-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You r a champ! U r amazing! If u made it this far u are almost through. Please don't give up no matter what. You are one of the few people who didn't cave after a day or two and I am so impressed. You are gonna make it. Just look at it as temporary and it will get better. I promise! Lots of water. Just go to bed early and rest. take a virtual vacation to Hawaii.

#1 BEACH Videos Best Ocean Video HD HAWAII BEACHES Relaxing WAVES DVD Beach Hour - YouTube

I love this, and pray and think about why you are doing this and how happy you will feel when you are done with those stinkin pills for good. How happy your family will be.