Notices

Whats my deal?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whats my deal?

Well, I am not sure what is going on in my head, or even if I have a deal at all. I think that the last few months have been hard, and I am trying to walk through everything with as much energy as I can. I just woke from a dream where my cats escaped their home, and a little monkey was terrorizing my house. I was trying to catch the little devil, and call the cops at the same time. That is when my phone rang to wake me up. Im glad the phone rang because that monkey was really stressing me out.
Okay, so I have this mild depressed thing happening. I was crying yesterday while trying to make my husband dinner. I just feel so down. Work is not coming in like I thought it would. I am still trying to sort out the mess. Im pushing through.
I wish that i could tell you all that I am on cloud nine. The truth is more like cloud 2. I gotta get ready for work. That is a positive.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope things improve for you soon.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety saved my life.

Hang in there. That's just how it is at the moment.......things change.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You'll make it through, it's just a rough patch in the road. Think of how much easier it is to deal with now that you are sober too. Stay strong!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just keep on keeping on mizz. I sometimes feel that same way & I am starting to think its just life. Real, now that I don't escape it. You're doing great , just stay focused and keep posting
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
Just keep on keeping on mizz. I sometimes feel that same way & I am starting to think its just life. Real, now that I don't escape it. You're doing great , just stay focused and keep posting
Yep, I am coming to the same conclusion but Quit put it much more eloquently than I could have. I got so used to anesthetizing so many of my emotions for so long that a lot of them are unfamiliar to me and I tend to way over-think things. Somewhere else, on another thread, one of the wise men here (think it was tomsteve) said that recovery is lots of peaks and valleys early on but they get closer together the further on you go. I hope so---I could use some smooth road for awhile but I am much happier this way than the artificial peaks and valleys of "waste" land

Hope your day was good Mizz, loved your comment about the clouds, btw
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Life today improved for me. I put all my thoughts on hold and helped others. This in itself is rewarding. I did not have time to think about whatever problems I think I have. I have nervous energy revolved around my part time work. I am hesitant and overwhelmed to run into professionals in the industry that I have been working in for so long. There is no reason to explain anything, or to think that I need to explain myself. Its a small world though. A very small world.
I can only do my best, and know that my best is good enough. I will have these ups and downs. It is in how I deal with them. So, my emotions last night ran over into my morning. I didn't die from it. Thank you for all your replies. I appreciate the support.