Notices

Still here

Old 05-20-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still here

and still struggling. But my pattern is improving and I think I'll have this thing handled soon.

Some of you will recall that I have been struggling for a couple of years. Well, I continue to go back and forth, but I think things are improving for me. The sober periods are longer (about a week) and the binges are shorter (about a day).

I haven't been posting in forums because I'm tired of admitting that I have relapsed, but I'm going to reenter the dialogue because it keeps me honest with myself.

So, here I am, warts and all, and I hope you are all well.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back Missy
I know coming back is no picnic but I think it really helps to face this thing head on

D
Old 05-20-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Practice...try joining the sober weekend threads...they help a lot...they are nonjudgemental, not
screechy-preachy...and good sobriety friendship...helpful and compassionate...(all topped with bacon if needed).
Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Missy. Good to see you again.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad I checked in to see that you posted! Sorry it's been a couple of days. How are you today?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fairly here new her myself; but I can say I read the forums every day .. Maybe not post everyday but the very least I read .. I have to say it has helped me make it this far immensely .. I think you should realize that we\ the forum are here for support & not to embarrass you in anyway .. So keep coming back and grab the support & strengh you need here
Old 05-24-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jules

Hey Missy!

Good job coming back. That seems to be kind of how my drinking went. For awhile I was drinking many nights of the week, gradually cutting back the days and trying different things to stay sober. Then I went to the maybe once a week or for the weekend drinking. Finally it just got to the point that even if I drank just once a week it was a total drunk binge, I felt like so much like **** the next day and mentally it just got to the point that it wasn't worth it. The temporary feeling of drinking wasn't worth all the crappy feelings the next day.

That was my path. Now I'm trying to stick with complete acceptance of my disease and not pick up at all. It has been pretty good, just a couple rough spots.

Hang in there. Its a journey and you are learning lessons as you go!