Notices

Anyone who found love sober ??

Old 05-11-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone who found love sober ??

I was just wondering if anyone found a partner and love after becoming sober. The reason I ask is because I'm trying to figure out whether or not I want someone who drinks or not. Part of me says not to care if she drinks as long as I don't and it doesn't make me drink. Another part of me doesn't want someone who drinks because I feel like those who drink including myself when I did have a clouded mind and tend to put that ahead of those they love. But if I want someone sober, where does one find a woman like that ?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful

I found love when I was about 2 years sober. She was in the program (AA) and had 8 years of sobriety. It didn't last as I went back to my old girlfriend, who I ended up marrying and divorcing lol. I often wonder what path my life would have taken me if we had stayed together. If my sobriety was firmly grounded I could see having a relationship with a woman who drank socially as long as she understood EVERYTHING about me and supported me.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep. I am 22 years sober and just today My wife and I had dinner at an Italian restaurant to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary.