Notices

Class of May 2013

Old 05-15-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Good morning on Day 6. Feeling a little feisty this morning which could be a good thing or a bad thing. Regardless, I will not drink today.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Meetings work great for some, but it doesn't sound like you're getting a lot of out them right now Fitness.

Ever thought about getting a sponsor and doing the steps?

D
Yes I though about I but having trouble making the first step to reach out
Old 05-15-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hello all, beginning day 15 today.
In the last couple of days I've noticed myself sad and weepy, especially in the evenings as I sit down at the table to eat. Now trying to eat good food, sitting at my table instead of in front of the TV, with my bottle of wine.

Miss my late husband so much, memories come flooding back, we used to have a ceremony of dinner Thurs thru Sunday, music, candle, shared a bottle of wine(he made his own, and it was good.)
Guess I've been trying to drown my grief in alcohol, now it's like it's all raw again, after 6 years. Hurts...but gotta press on. Trying to be good to myself.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hi All and to the newcomers.

Great to see everyone taking back their lives. I think you're all making great decision to limit or quit drinking. As Dee has said many times, there's really nothing good that can come from excessive or even moderate drinking.

I'm a perfect example of that. Well, I'm at double digits (10) for the first time since barreling of the wagon on Dec. 24th after 84 days sober.

Man, all the brain cells fried, the negative health impact and money I wasted....WTF. That was worth it...

Well, carry-on my SR friends!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Checking in on day15. I had a dream I drank last night. It was a pretty bad dream. I have not had a using dream in awhile. Do you think that is where some relapses come from? I have such vivid dreams all the time, so does my whole family. My sister and I have talked how it is so tiresome. It is like I have two lives and I'm tired all the time because when I do sleep, I'm dreaming such real things.
There is also beer in the fridge. Ugh! I told my husbAnd to take it out last night but he must have forgot.
Since I have been sober my husband goes to his brothers every night to drink. I'm feeling a bit sad about this. Also, there is a party this weekend and I will be seeing a lot of people I have not seen since I got out of rehab. It is my nephew's graduation so I really need to be there, I want to be there as well!
Does anyone know how to stop dreaming? Besides not going to sleep, is it even possible? it is very tiresome and so real.
I'm suppose to go fishing today... I rarely have done that without drinking...
HELP!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Haha, love your emoticon choice, tbml! Gave me a much needed chuckle!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

My cat is free. She's walking around like a celebrity. She usually hides all day and then comes out when she hears the kids come home so when she heard them she became motivated to come out. Who knew that she was so attached to the 7 year old who likes to force feed her tea parties and dress her up in doll clothes? She was behind the tub and the only way she got there was by hiding and then the guy came in and hung the shower wall without seeing her. Good thing we had the access hole where it was.

I got through helping the 7 year old with her paper on honeybees and the 12 year old on a tri fold project on ancient Mayan farming practices (he was super excited about that). A little cleaning, made an under-appreciated dinner. And I was sober. Sometimes I can only give myself 20 minutes at a time.
Maybe I should put my Wonder-Woman underwear on!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi kids....I'm going to jump in here if that's okay, as a class of April dropout. I have just been having a terrible time the last couple of months, with several big messes in my life followed by big relapses. The messes are still there, but being sick and messed up reeeeally doesn't help clean up the messes, does it?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

So glad to hear your kitty is safe and sound, Beavis! I was thinking about her and your distress last night. Glad all is well!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Today is day 3 for me. Last night was rough. I was very close to giving in. I need to figure something out before my craving hits. Ideas???
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

great thread to get support each day.

Day 5 for me, cravings have kicked in today - before that I was just feeling rough.

good luck to you all.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

That goodness Beavis!! I'm so glad she is free. I know my husband is psychic he got the beer out of the fridge!!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I need a real computer this phone is driving me crazy
Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

First night not drinking. I'm cranky. Its 1 am here and I can't sleep. Hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Whew, just finished reading 18 pages of posts, and I'm ready to jump in and join my fellow classMaytes. I'm on Day 3. Spent Mother's Day morning drinking to 'celebrate' being a mom, then started throwing up and stayed sick through the following day. Wonderful celebration. Glad to meet everyone and catch up on all the posts!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

welcome noexcuse Checking in on day 16.Woke up 3 hours after my alarm clock so half of my things to do are still to do.But it wont ruin my day even tho I hate it.Just worked out,bout to take a shower and make some healthy food to work.I dont like order fast food.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Day 5 almost done, had a few moments of feeling wobbly but got through it in the end! Off to see my friends new baby so that's something nice to round off the evening. Good luck to you all xx
Old 05-15-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Haha, love your emoticon choice, tbml! Gave me a much needed chuckle!
Leshar, I'm sorry you are feeling somewhat down. Hang in there. You have great memories and that is something you need to carry around. You want to cherish those.

I certainly am unable to relate, but I can say that when I am sober, I also flash back many years and can feel those good memories like they were yesterday. And of course with the good comes the bad. But I've gotten better at embracing both.

And I'm glad I gave you a chuckle, I was trying to lighten things up a bit.

BR,
TBML
Old 05-15-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me too! I had my first meeting yesterday and I called a woman I met there and went and got a coffee with her. She was so sweet and I felt so good being able to talk to her (full disclosure). She even has a son that is 4 years sober and is my age. She put his # in my phone and I'm going to call him about finding a sponsor closer to my age. I feel happier then I have been in a long time. The fellowship is everything that people have said, yet I had ignored/mocked it for so long. Now I'm just so happy to be embraced in this community.
Hang in there everyone, if I've learned anything through my process it's that it is never too late to start fresh.
xo-Nicole
Old 05-15-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Day 3 as well. Cravings are bad today since I worked a ton outside in the heat...gardening and hauling mulch. That kind of work always made me crave a beer to cool off and relax the muscles. Not today though!