Notices

Howdy

Old 04-20-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
THIS TOO SHALL PA$$

Howdy

Hello there. I'm new to this forum but not new to recovery. I initially got sober in 1984 and remained so for 15 years. My disease got the best of me in 1999 and I went back to drinking and drugging for another 2 years. I quit again in 2001 and have been sober for nearly 12 years now. However, I've been totally inactive in AA and feel a need to help others just as I received help when I needed it.

I just received a desperate phone call from a friend of mine. He was quite upset and simply said "I need a sponsor." I immediately knew that I had to "step up to the plate" and told him that I would be happy to help in any way that I can. My problem is that I have no idea where any meetings are in my area. I live in Lakewood, CO and he lives in Conifer, CO. If someone could point me to a meeting place (or places) in west Lakewood or west Littleton I would certainly appreciate it. I also need a meeting schedule if possible. It's currently about 5:30PM in my region and am willing to go to a meeting tonight if it's at all possible. Otherwise, anytime tomorrow is fine as well. I want to bring my friend to a meeting ASAP before he changes his mind.

Thanks a lot for your help. You would be helping me as much as you would be helping him. Tim
Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just google AA and the name of your town and you should find what you need.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
THIS TOO SHALL PA$$

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Just google AA and the name of your town and you should find what you need.
Thanks. The only thing that came up when I did that was this forum. LOL. The other links led me to meetings in Denver, Aurora, Arvada, etc. but nothing near where my friend lives. I was hoping that someone in the general area might know of some good, quality meeting places that may not be highly advertised.