Notices

scott

Old 04-12-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

scott

I am a recovering alcoholic and am in a court mandated program at this time, for a dui i received in 12-2010. I am through my 3rd phase and expect to phase to my 4th in may. I am working steps 7 through 9 at this time. and have logged into this forum for an additional support group to help me continue with my recovery. I am not mandated by the courts to log into this forum, I am doing it on my own to better help myself with long term recovery. So far all the posts Iv'e read are hitting close to home if not dead on, and help me realize I'm not just a freak and teach me things or give me tools to use towards my recovery. Thank You
Old 04-12-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

You are by no means a freak. I use to think I was one too, but I'm not. You will get lots of support here!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Scott! I agree - it's wonderful to realize we aren't 'freaks' or alone in this. It meant everything to me to be here with people who really understood and cared.

I've had dui's too, & plenty of other chaos caused by my drinking. I must say it's a huge relief to be rid of it. It's great to finally be free.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Scott, from another Scott. Congrats on your efforts to further your recovery and welcome to SR. And as you are already finding, there's just about nothing about your past that hasn't happened to all of us here to some degree. Read lots, ask lots of questions and above all keep up the good work!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Scott

D