Notices

Cycles in my life

Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cycles in my life

Why is life a constant up and down!?! Why can't life just be pleasant for more than a week or 2!?! I'm frustrated that I am having difficulties at work. I get so upset I take it home and let it eat away at me. I let it tear me up and I wallow in it. I feel like I am in a constant state of nausea and just want to sleep til all of this gets solved. I know I will get through this, but it sucks. I feel like I am either flying or crashing... I'm tired.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Originally Posted by Karissaleigh View Post
Why is life a constant up and down!?!
I looked up your profile to check your sobriety date, and I saw that you like hiking.

So here 's a hiking story. I am in terrible shape, but hope to do a 15-mile race on trails next year. So I went for a five mile hike yesterday, in what is almost literally my back yard. I am ashamed that I have lived here nine years and never been on that trail!

So I always thought the terraine was dull and boring, but there were lots of ups and downs. In fact I had no idea there were such hills and valleys hidden in the woods. In analogy, there are many hidden ups and downs in life. Also, you can't go up if you don't go down.

And congratulations on your sobriety and having a job in this tough economy!