Notices

Nightmare :/

Old 04-07-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nightmare :/

I had a dream last night that I went out finally (haven't gone out in months) and I was convinced to buy a beer and drank that one which led me to want more and more. For some reason, my mother was there and was following me around to this event which had multiple bars and I kept trying to escape her so I can get a drink until finally I gave up and stopped drinking for the night. Then I sat there feeling bad that I had actually drank. Luckily, however, I woke up and it was all a dream but that was bad and made me think maybe I'm not quite ready to go out yet. Anyone else experienced or still experience similar dreams?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sober Happy Hour....I'm near a month sober and had a drinking dream the other night...very common, they say...It feels like I'm remembering the drink to remember how scary it is !....think I was scared in the dream too...

Raku
Old 04-07-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea it was scary and the entire dream I knew I was doing something wrong. Didn't feel good, because I've gotten used to being honest and feeling free during my recovery.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a similar dream recently. I was drinking and smoking weed with friends and relatives. Oddly, I hate weed and I haven't smoked it in a very long time, but in the dream I could vividly feel that weed buzz. It's funny how well the brain can store memories of sensations and feelings.

Then I woke up with an incredible sense of relief that I didn't actually relapse. Considering how much of an impact alcohol and other substances have had on our lives, I'm not surprised we have these types of dreams.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I have been sober several 24hrs... And I dream about drinking and also not drinking all the time.. But they are just that dreams..

I know the reality of drinking when I am awake.. Once I have one , I don't know how many I will have and for how long..

Big Book Online - the doctor's opinion
Old 04-07-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

They're very common SoberHappyHour - they do fade in time...I can't remember the last time I had one

As upsetting as they can be, I never attached any real significance to them - I spent a lot of time drinking...I reckon it's natural those kinds of things might bubble to the surface in my subconscious

D
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Me too. Had dreams about using often, and I would always awake very shaken, shocked, depressed and horrified that I was drinking. Shook me to the core they were so real.

They have died down, very infrequent now. Best of luck to you, I am sure your dreams will take a similar turn and also slow down.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had many dreams like that at first. I would also wake up sometimes feeling like I had a hang over even though I didn't touch a drink. It goes away- but everyone is different..