Notices

Exaushtion and tiredness

Old 04-02-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great to see you still going strong in your sobriety, Dimlitstar. Stick around, we can help each other through this! I have read many posts and it seems that the 90 day mark is when things begin to improve...3 more weeks! You can do this!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I felt tired and unmotivated for about 4 months..... some days were better than others.... Recover isn't a steady upswing, it's more like 3 steps forward, 1 step back, 2 steps forward, etc. It can be frustrating, but hang in there! My energy did come back (and got better and better).
Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

DLStar- I was told to allow myself as much room as I needed to get sober. I hit some major fatigue and tired periods but I tried my best to be patient and not worry that I wasn't getting anything done because I was getting something done by getting sober. Stick with it, be patient, and give yourself some credit for coming this far. I spent so much time reading on this site and on the web about PAWS that I learned a lot which really helps too. Take care.
-Ted
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Took a B-Vitamin Complex and I notice that it curbs my hunger. Especially the sugar cravings!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hi Dimlitstar. Do you exercise and/or eat healthy? I have found running to be a huge thing with balancing my emotions. Eating healthy has also been instumental in keeping a postivie mindset. Aside from that, my anxiety and tiredness got much better the longer I stayed sober. I did not have very normal sleep cycles at 2 months, but am doing much better at 10 months. Please don't give up.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes I run and lift a bit of weights and eat only natrual sugars from fruit and a good lean diet.