Notices

New as can be

Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New as can be

Hi, all - I'm quite literately brand new here. I joined this morning and I've barely read anything, but I plan to spend a fair amount of time learning.

I've landed here through the guidance of a friend of mine and I couldn't feel more in control. I'm proud of my friend and hope she will be proud of me as well.

As I work through my own fear and worry - I would love to hear the stories of others like me. Maybe you're also young, without kids, have a good job and great friends - sounds horrible, right?! But maybe you also feel it starting to slip away every time you drink, as you hurt all the people & things you love.

I still consider myself lucky that I haven't ****** up anything too badly yet - but each time I wake up not remembering what I've done, I see how much closer I'm getting to that bottom.

Point me in the right direction - share with me your stories, send me things to read - help me grow as you have and overcome this before I do irreparable damage.

Thank you, in advance -
Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! You have a very good friend, indeed. As you read through the threads, you will be able to identify with many people who like you are young, without kids, and gainfully employed. It is so much better to find a solution now than to wait until something bad happens! Keep reading and reaching out, you will find much support here!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It is so much better to find a solution now than to wait until something bad happens!
Yes, I agree completely! Best to take care of this problem before it gets out of control. Read around the site, post as you like. We're a very supportive group here.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome readytobeme

there a ton of stories here - read around and post as much as you like

D
Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome ready! We are so happy you've joined us! SR saved me from a terrible fate - there is much wisdom and encouragement here.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you, all - I'm happy to have been directed here, am learning so much already and can tell this is going to be a great part of my *new* life. I feel very fortunate right now to have not let this go to far and to have found support in a way that makes me comfortable.

Thank you for giving me permission to post often, as I think I will, especially at first. I promise to always be respectful and offer my best advice if I can get that in return.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. This is such a wonderful place to find like-minded people who each have their unique, and yet shared journey. There is so much reading to do, that you could spend months going through all the posts and never read them all. I find the action of posting to be very beneficial. It's like plugging into an energy source which focuses my attention and concentrates my wayward mind.

In the short time I have been posting I have seen a number of people who joined the same time as me suddenly disappear? All I can do is hope that they find their way back to posting again soon.

Stay in the center of the lifeboat, and hunker down for the long haul.