Notices

New Thread, encourage the person who posted before you!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Thread, encourage the person who posted before you!

Hi everyone! I feel pretty good but I still struggle with things that try to take the place of my alcohol and drugs. I can obsess about anything if it feels good.
I can take anything to the extreme, food, computer,reading,meetings and lose all balance.
Please take the time to post an encouraging post to the person right before you. Let's see how this all pans out. God Bless You!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Deeker!

You're doing a great job! I obsessively cleaned my house tonight to "do something" in the witching hours of evening to take my mind away from cravings, so I get what you mean.

Keep up the good work. I like your avatar.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mustlovecoffee- my house needs cleaning also. Ill send you my address in a PM. Keep up the good work! You rock!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay, I get Mizz!

Your posts are always insightful, honest, and very, very brave. Love reading them and getting to know you through them. Keep up the awesome work, you're a superstar, sister!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Pt, thanks for the supportive posts! And your avatar is lovely!!

CF
Old 03-31-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Coldfusion, Congrats on 5 months! You are doing a great job and writing some inspirational and thought provoking posts.

I stopped drinking over 10 months ago and realized recently that I need to add some tools to lead a happier life so I started AA and scheduled an appointment with a therapist. Tonight was my 3rd AA meeting (still feel a little out of place). Tuesday is my therapy appointment and I am scared to death...
Your post earlier In another forum and thank you tag helped me.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey HitRockBottom70, don't be scared of therapy Think of it as a little bit of tune-up work. I've just completed a 3 year long course of therapy and I feel incredibly well. You'll love it, wait and see

Congrats on 10 months, it's good to know that AA is also working for you.

You sound very decisive, I admire that. I still struggle when it comes to making decisions. I decided to stop drinking 3+ years ago, and sometimes it seems like that's the last permanent decision I made, lol. hugs!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HitRockBottom70 View Post
Coldfusion, Congrats on 5 months! You are doing a great job and writing some inspirational and thought provoking posts.

I stopped drinking over 10 months ago and realized recently that I need to add some tools to lead a happier life so I started AA and scheduled an appointment with a therapist. Tonight was my 3rd AA meeting (still feel a little out of place). Tuesday is my therapy appointment and I am scared to death...
Your post earlier and thank you tag helped me.
I'm almost 3 months sober, been going too aa since day one it has been a huge help to me, I always did feel a little out of place but I felt really good. About a week ago I read the big book got on audio actually it really made me understand everything so much better as specially the 12 steps and the importance of doing them in order i thought i knew but i didnt, And got a sponsor. Its so much easier now I've always felt welcome and now I do feel I fit so much better, I understand myself and the things I've done. I love that room its what I need right now. Already good things r happening just like they told me they would.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

RyanP: Glad you found what you need. DON'T LET GO.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I hope you are feeling better trachemys and remember today is a new day! You can do this!

Tonight I am going to my WFS meeting and I'm starting to go to SMART again. I know that I need a program to help keep me sober. I can't do it on my own.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyinBC View Post
I hope you are feeling better trachemys and remember today is a new day! You can do this!

Tonight I am going to my WFS meeting and I'm starting to go to SMART again. I know that I need a program to help keep me sober. I can't do it on my own.
Hi Lady, happy to hear that daytox is helping. I am glad you are here in SR. You always have nice things to say. Keep up the good work.

I also want to give a shout out to Mattcake, we missed you somehow, hope you are having a blessed day. You've been coming around for awhile huh? First time I saw you today. gonna go view some of your threads. God Bless!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Awesome to all above..

But as this alcoholic always needs to follow directions, so I will..

Deeker ~ Keep up all the good work you are doing.. Not only for yourself, but you always are reaching out to help the newcomer and the people that have a couple 24 hrs under their belt.. Postivity rubs off on people.. Keep sharing the love..
Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Ms Deeker,

You keep doing what you do here at SR. You're helping people, and I appreciate you.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Happy Destiny, I apprreciate the daily reflections you post. Always helpful.

Next poster please skip me and follow Non sensical
Old 04-02-2013, 12:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey guys (and ladies of course )

It seems like there was a slight hitch along the way. No biggie. Why don't we give it another try, this is a great thread.

My one suggestion, like Deeker said, always stick to the last post, even if there's an overlap; if you accidentally get left out or if the thread stalls on you, don't take it personally, lol, many of us are sensitive to rejection, but this is a good way to work on that. So if you get bumped, just post again, there's no such thing as too much support, right?

//As an aside: Deeker, thanks for the shout out! =) Yes, I've been around for a while now, I feel old and moldy, lol. Coldfusion: //

So the last post is from Deeker, let's try to jumpstart the thread:

Deeker, thanks for starting this brilliant thread! You're a really supportive person and it shows. When you're so willing to help others, you can be sure that tomorrow you'll smile just a little more than you did today. Catch all the laughter that's coming your way and enjoy your freedom!

Okay, the next poster needs to encourage me, lol, good luck :p
Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
now's the time

I'll double up since we missed Nonsensical.

Nonsensical: you post so many useful links. I love reading about recovery from a scientific standpoint and I've gotten more than a few good reads from posts of yours. Thank you!

Mattcake: Thanks for sticking around here and helping those of us who are new! It means so much to have the advice and support of people who are established in their sobriety. I see you posting here and there always with a nice but also well thought out word. Sometimes us newbies know it'll be OK, but just need someone to say it. Thanks for taking the time to do that.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Fantail -

Congrats on 6 weeks & thanks being so open about the growth that you're having in relationships since becoming sober! Your empathy and authenticity radiates in your SR posts & it's a joy to have you as a february cohort sobriety partner.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Serene- so great to see you still posting, u comin up on 2 months! Awesome!!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Deeker!!! Your AMAZING! Keep up the good work. Thank YOU for all the positive vibes!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Mizzuno, I know you've had your trials and tribulations since I started posting here (including your current work situation), but remember that things can turn around in the blink of an eye! Don't give up on yourself or on life, and know you can rely on us for support when you need it.

They say what you focus on grows, so focus on your sobriety and your other goals and stay strong!