Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

bewildered, why are some of you here? To start smack with others??

Notices

bewildered, why are some of you here? To start smack with others??

Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Any time there's a problem-post, fighting, arguing, put downs, report that post by clicking on the little red triange in the left corner of the post. Someone will take care of it as soon as they're here.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
I didn't see what happened, but I work On The Internet for a living and I have to say SR is one of the friendliest and best-moderated forums I've seen (hat tip to all you wonderful mods). Don't let it shake you off, this is a good place to be and you're very welcome here.
Johnny, it sounds like an isolated incident. Ignore the detractors; to not ignore them is to let "them" control you. And keep posting.

I have to agree with fantail. I hang-out at a lot of different forums, and this site is certainly one of the most respectful, friendliest and well-moderated forums I've ever been involved with.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Another voice to say stick around. As great of a place as SR is, it's an anonymous forum and internet "trolls" can still sign up for accounts from time to time. The mods do a great job of keeping them at bay, but it's impossible to filter them out completely.

The vast majority of people here are here to get better and support others getting/staying sober. Even some of them may have conflicting views on what you believe is the best road to recovery, but for the most part they will just agree to disagreee or say nothing at all.

Stay with is, there's WAY more good than bad that can come of SR.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

“A word is not the same with one writer as it is with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket.”
― Charles Péguy

Carry on being you Johnny, that's all any of us can do.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Johnny...Wow..surprised it happen. SR is full of support...

I like all the responses from folks offering you support since your first post on the thread.

Don't give up on SR.....Alot of us are just like you. I'm on day 34 (after a year) and have received lots of advice and support....It is most certainly a struggle, but one that is worth it.

If you like please pm me anytime for support.

Jim
Old 03-28-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Hey mate

You stay on here. It's full of good people and advice who are all in the same boat - just trying to stay clean.

Sure you'll find the odd agenda-driven postings and several of the screw-loose variety, but I too have moderated sites, and this has to be one of the most respectful you'll find.

As they say in the rooms "take what you want and leave the rest."
Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
SR Fan

No need to generalize the situation to "some people" on this forum, ya know?

Sorry you were caught in the crosshairs, but this kind of thing is going to happen from time to time..... it's just the nature of the internet. People come here with certain "viewpoints" (to put it diplomatically) and the mods do a great job trying to make sure things are kept respectful.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Johnny your last post was removed because it repeated what was removed yesterday.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread is out of control and is now closed.