Notices

Weird space

Old 03-26-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird space

When it comes 5:00 and work is over I get antsie about what to do. I know this is a huge trigger for me.

I am feeling so much better these last few weeks and I don't want to ruin it. I actually feel better than I have in years. I want to do something besides go home to veg in my room. I went to a meeting last night and I know a meeting is always an option. I just want to do something different. I have spent too much money lately to justify shopping. And I definetly do not want to clean my house.

Just in a weird space right now.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

I hear you. I wish I had some advice, but then if I did, I'd be taking it myself! Hang in there.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm with ya. I'm feeling weird and can't put my finger on it. I will not drink. Evenings are gonna be the hardest for me. I guess I just have to get used to it.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Palmtrees30s View Post
I'm with ya. I'm feeling weird and can't put my finger on it. I will not drink. Evenings are gonna be the hardest for me. I guess I just have to get used to it.
Ok Palm. Let's stay sober tonight together I will check in later.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yay! Yes, sober for tonight.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I threw myself into AA/NA. I got involved in the activities commitee. We plan parties, cookouts, dances, beach parties. It will keep you busy and it will help build your self esteem and it will also put you in the middle of the program and in a place to get to know others. It was the best thing I did early on. Kept me accountable to a group of people too!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
I threw myself into AA/NA. I got involved in the activities commitee. We plan parties, cookouts, dances, beach parties. It will keep you busy and it will help build your self esteem and it will also put you in the middle of the program and in a place to get to know others. It was the best thing I did early on. Kept me accountable to a group of people too!
Deeker - I made it to another meeting tonight. And you are so right. I was sober for 9 months and attended a lot of meetings. I tried to get involved but just didn't think i had much to offer.

This last two weeks or so my confidence is soaring, and I finally know I have a lot to offer others. I haven't felt that way in years. It is the best feeling in the world. SR has helped also.

And just a few hours ago drinking was going through my mind.

Palm - How are you doing?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PreciousKitty View Post
This last two weeks or so my confidence is soaring, and I finally know I have a lot to offer others. I haven't felt that way in years. It is the best feeling in the world. SR has helped also.

And just a few hours ago drinking was going through my mind.

Palm - How are you doing?
Isn't that awesome . I think it's awesome when you realize that God will not let you be tempted beyond what you can handle. He puts the answer right in our face, we just have to have our eyes open. You sound great! Good For YOU!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

PK

When it comes 5:00 and work is over I get antsie about what to do. I know this is a huge trigger for me.
Yeah! That is the biggest one for me. Especially Fridays! I've actually taken to rewarding myself with something other than alcohol. Anything. for me it's been turkey sandwiches - no cheese or mayo - just mustard. Weird!!!

But it's worked so far. I want to start to work in exercise as my treat. But for now it's turkey.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah, I almost went broke shopping. I got a whole new wardrobe. My checkbook can't take much more. I go to lots of meetings but just an hour out of my day. I'm hoping with the warmer weather I can find some other things to do. I am also antsy. I live by myself also. At least I know you guys are here. One day at a time.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
All is Change

I partially cured myself from consumerism by going in to a supermarket and with a trolley went up and down each isle and looked at every item on every shelf while being mindful of the sensations in my mind/body. It took a bit more than an hour and I did put five items in the trolley. Then I left it and walked out of the shop.I also walked out of 'impulse' spending. That was a nice time in my sobriety. Strange, I think this forum is improving my memory. I also behaved pretty rationally today (by my standards anyway).
Cheers.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm doing good. I can't send pm's yet. I have to post a few more times and will be able to respond. (: Had a lot of weird dreams..nightmares, but woke up feeling fabulous this morning. I have a serene peace in my soul this morning. Love it!!! I really like this thread. I'm gonna have to think of a reward for Friday night. Maybe go out for pie. I love banana cream.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

me too - 5pm craving, rushing home from work to veg in room. (to keep out of harms way/triggers). Fridays particularly bad. What to do between the meetings and meditation classes. Need to find a hobby!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It took me a months or two to get through the boredom phase. It was strange, because I was bored and totally unmotivated at the same time. I decided to take up knitting......nothing fancy, just learned a couple stitches, but at least I felt productive. (I acutally ended up making 3 afghans for Christmas gifts that year).