Notices

Keep the faith, Newbies

Old 03-23-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberKnitter View Post
CleanTime. It's free. Looking at it is like a small win every time. I refuse to see it go back to 0!
It even has a screen shot feature that lets you share your clean time with others!

I plan to take one at 30 days and text it to the friend who picked me up from the cops last weekend. I think it will be much better than the million apologies.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberKnitter View Post

It even has a screen shot feature that lets you share your clean time with others!

I plan to take one at 30 days and text it to the friend who picked me up from the cops last weekend. I think it will be much better than the million apologies.
That's actually a brilliant idea haha!

Currently downloading, thanks for the suggestion
Old 03-23-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
I used to spend £10.00 a day on ale (expensive habit to feel like sh*te) so I can't wait to see my bank balance after a month! Hooray!

How did you find your memory and concentration was after you quit Sazzle? I'm only day 2, but I feel almost spaced out. Can't really concentrate on TV. I'll write a text and although I'll know the gist of what I've wrote, I won't be absolutely clear on the content.
Ugh my memory. I had an awful time for the first 2.5 months. Fuzzy and confused. In weeks 2-3 I also kept losing my balance, would bump and scrape into walls. My eyesight got worse, but now I'm on a better sight prescription, which I attribute to being sober. It's been an interesting experiment but now I'm sharp as anything, performing better than ever at work and my memory is much better.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sazzle View Post

Ugh my memory. I had an awful time for the first 2.5 months. Fuzzy and confused. In weeks 2-3 I also kept losing my balance, would bump and scrape into walls. My eyesight got worse, but now I'm on a better sight prescription, which I attribute to being sober. It's been an interesting experiment but now I'm sharp as anything, performing better than ever at work and my memory is much better.
I guess I've got to expect that, I've drank heavily since 2006 and everyday since 2010, it's not like I'm gonna get off lightly is it!... Wishful thinking!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sazzle would you be able to give me a link or point me in the right direction as to what AVRT is? I've heard it mentioned on the forum and think it's something I'd be interested in. I'm on day 2, so reading helps a lot in keeping me sober.
look in secular connections, the address below. I will find a way to make it clicky, but until then try cut and paste and see if it works. super on day two

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com (AVRT Explained (long))

For Sazzle --> Congrats. You are doing awesome and the tips you share are immensely appreciated!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for your encouragement, Sazzle - I'm sure it'll be so helpful to those just beginning their journey. Congratulations on your 150 days.

My early days were very similar to yours - plus I was resentful for awhile - knowing I had to give it up, but not ready to let go. Gradually, the joy of waking up with a clear head, no remorse, and the feeling of freedom took over. I could never imagine going back to that dark place.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hevyn that was the same for me. Lots of resentment. I think I got most out during the previous failed attempts. When I quit in October I was utterly ready. I was quite annoyed at the beginning with people reminding me of how I was & what I used to be like when I was drunk. I expect now that they just found it incredible that I wasn't drinking. Everyone is pretty much used to me now!
Old 03-23-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 150 Days...and thank you

S: Congrats on 150 days and thank you for checking in on us Newbies! I am grateful for your inspiring words. I am on Day 6 of a cold turkey opioid detox and although the worst is over for me physically I know the depression is my demon. Your commitment to self care, especially the daily 5K walk, sounds so healthy.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

What's the name of the app please Soberknitter? I need this I think as a little pick me up when I'm stressed in work etc.
Apps for Addicts Sober Nation
Old 03-23-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Avrt

YouTube
This comedian has had a big impact on my life

Here's a link to AVRT The Crash Course On AVRT

I like the spiritual side of AA too

Basically, I try to have as many tools in my toolbox as possible so that there is always an answer. Disease/voice/choice? Whatever method of recovery we use/choose, we all have the same goal.

S x
Thanks for sharing the link. I find it to be intriguing. It has really made me "think".

Last edited by Dee74; 03-24-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: no commercial links allowed
Old 03-24-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Thank you Deeker
Old 03-24-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My mantra is 'I am enough, I have enough & I will always be enough' this helps with curbing my spending and social situations as well
This is wonderful Sazzle

Well done on 150 days! And don't worry about your 'bottom'. It's never too early to enjoy everything sober life has to offer x