Notices

Pretty Sure I Can't Do This.....

Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you FORMY2BOYS. I have talked to my doctor about PPD they prescribed medicine but on the bottle it says do not mix with alcohol so of course I decided to not take the meds and just drink. And yes I feel the same way...i wish I had someone here that understood me....that we could just take our kids to the park or on a walk. Its okay this is my disease and my fight and I have to do whatever it takes.....right now I feel horrible like I can feel my body processing the last of my alcohol in my system. I dont know why I keep doing this to myself
Old 03-21-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

RightLaine, please read my post on BabyJanes Thread. (I dont want to have to type it all out again. lol!) I think there are a lot of new moms that have struggles. I think it's just hard to admit and to get help because is supposed to be such a happy time in our lives and we just shouldn't have this struggle. Yea, right. I think it's a way bigger issue then anyone even knows, I just think some people hide it better than others. At lease we're here looking for help and support right. That's a step in the right direction!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks PinotNOMore...Your right about the new mom thing. It's comforting to know I am not the only one. I love love love my 2 kids but yea there's alot of emotions and thoughts going on in my head....maybe its my hormones getting back to regular or maybe its just the alcoholic in me. I will check out your post!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I didn't realize they had alcohol test strips for breast milk. I wish I had known that, but who knows if it would have stopped me anyway. I don't know how many times I woke up the next morning completely engorged because I wouldn't breastfeed after I had plenty to drink. I did cave on a couple of occasions and I'm very ashamed of myself for it. My son was a year and a half and I made the poor decision to just let him have it so he would stop wailing.

Knowing that you have to quit for yourself is the right idea - but keeping your children in mind is also fantastic. I have three children and I think about all the time that I spent completely out of it and not truly "present" for them. You CAN break the cycle!

I think about the example I've set for my children too. Taking shots in the kitchen with my ex-boyfriend like it was totally normal behavior. Your children are so young now. Imagine raising them in a home where they don't know what alcohol is. There's no guarantee that any of us will raise sober and well adjusted children, but think about the impact your family's drinking had on you growing up. What impact will it have on YOUR children?

I'm also hungover today. I''m glad I found this place. Perhaps some of us on our Day 1s today can keep each other going?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're feeling a little better RightLAine

I've never met a hopeless case yet...there is ALWAYS hope...
it just depends on how much we're prepared to put into this....

give it all you've got

D
Old 03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RightLAine View Post
Thank you FORMY2BOYS. I have talked to my doctor about PPD they prescribed medicine but on the bottle it says do not mix with alcohol so of course I decided to not take the meds and just drink. And yes I feel the same way...i wish I had someone here that understood me....that we could just take our kids to the park or on a walk. Its okay this is my disease and my fight and I have to do whatever it takes.....right now I feel horrible like I can feel my body processing the last of my alcohol in my system. I dont know why I keep doing this to myself
I hope too that you find someone to understand you and your situation. I desperately want a like minded girlfriend. Or hell, even a friend. This stupid addiction has isolated me from the world. I lost all my friends out of shame, so I understand your stress completely. No longer choose alcohol over your overall well being. Get back to your doctor and be honest with them. tell them you are not taking the meds and your reasons why. Maybe they can find a medicine that will help you feel better and you will have the strength and self worth to quit more easily without fear of relapse.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Old 03-21-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hugs- I have also felt that if I became pregnant It would help me sober up because I stayed sober while pregnant with my children. It sounds like your husband truly loves you and just said those things because he is hurt and wants you to hurt the way he feels hurt. My husband felt the same way about me and my drinking. The best advice I can give you is you can quit drinking if you want to- start today and move forward each day one at a time. The cheating is a trigger for you- by talking with a strong support system about your relationship issues may help heal old wounds and help you in your recovery. Good luck- and best wishes.