Notices

last straw

Old 03-19-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

last straw

I give up I've been living in denial I am an alcoholic and I need to stop. I drink till I blackout and I can't remember half the events. I have lost wallets, money, my girlfriend, family and selfrespect please help me stop this nightmare.
Sincerely, pistols
Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi pistols777, you've found a good place to get some support. Make sure to have a good look around and read some of the threads x
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi dude, your on the right track. its a big breakthrough. all the best
Old 03-19-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there

I understand your frustration and feelings of desperation. Believe me I have been there before many times. I am an alcoholic and a recovering drug addict. I am still struggling with the drinking but have been drug free for 14 months now. Please feel free to chat anytime. It may help to vent your feelings. P.s. this is only my second day with SR
Old 03-19-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are ready for another,better way of life. That is the way to get sober. I was desperate to stop drinking, which is what motivated me to do whatever it took. So welcome, poke around here, read and learn what works for different people. It is really a gift you have been given, so glad you are here!
Peace,
Nancy
Old 03-19-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR pistols
You'll find a lot of support here

whats your plan?

D
Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome pistols...Ive decided it enough for me also.

xo
Old 03-19-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You´re in the right place if you want to make a real go of staying sober. Plus you´ve made a giant leap by admitting that you cannot drink like other people. Nor can I, and that is why I am here. For me, to drink is to ultimately die. Befor which I will loose my freedom, my mind and everything in life that is worthwhile.

I would advise you never to experiment with taking another drink. I spent many hopeless years trying the old game again and again. Each time getting hurt (and hurting others). From what I know about staying sober, putting down the drink (which is our friend/lover/sedative/drug) is only the beginning.

Someone once told me that they had a 5% drinking problema and a 95% living problem. I identified with that! I desire drink because I cannot, or will not, cope with reality. It hurts too much, and is often very uncomfortable. Learning to live sober and deal with all that life throws at me is my aim. Not only alcoholics have problems/mental health issues. Normal drinkers do not want to smother and flatten their emotions like I do. They work through the bad times and come out stronger.

I am (my default setting) fearful, resentful, prideful, greedy, insecure, needy, self pitious, lustfull, dishonest, impatient, jealous, envious.

I hope that you can identify with the living issue, and that alcohol is the drug we turn to when life hurts. Or, perversly, when life is good!!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! I'm glad you found us and joined us.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm new to here too and I feel the same way as you. I can't keep going on like this. I have realized that I can't drink (not even one) b/c it never ends with just one. Our brains are wired differently. We can't drink like normal people. I found this site to be very helpul and supportive!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome to Sober Recovery
Old 03-19-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all I true ly appreciate you all. As far as a plan I don't have one but simply I wont drink and avoid situations where I might. I still can't believe how low I have fallen. Ive lost so much and only wish to be a former shadow of myself. Again thank you all and I hope to start this for the long haul.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Pistols, welcome to SR, and I hope you find some peace, solace, and serenity through sobriety. Its not easy, I tried and failed for years, but dont give up, it is so very worth it. You dont have to lose everything, and putting down the bottle is the best first step you can make to improving your life. Good luck, Welcome.....