Notices

scared I'd find a new addiction. .

Old 03-18-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fallingtogether View Post

Your post screams help me.
Please, seek some support and help! Please!
I thought it should scream "Help me" but what I heard it scream was "Can you please tell me I am not an alcoholic yet." So I can keep drinking
Old 03-18-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. ...and scared!
Don't even remember posting on here last night.

I need help!

I quit!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can completely relate. I have done everything and anything to escape feeling including drugs, alcohol, eating disorders, the lot.

We need help xx
Old 03-19-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bagpussgirl View Post
I'm sorry. ...and scared!
Don't even remember posting on here last night.

I need help!

I quit!
Badpuss don't let that keep you from coming back and posting. Don't feel bad, we have all been there. At least now u can look at what u posted, Rather than say something and have no idea what u said. Ur ok, but I can't help but be concerned about your little guy. I hope you decide soon that you have had enough for that little guys sake and yours of course. You have a lot to offer life.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If you had a babysitter who drank into blackout while in charge of your boy, you would fire them, right?

Not trying to be evil....just use that horrific example as a visual/mental aid as to why you should get help & stop drinking. Conventional recovery wisdom says we "must do it for ourselves", but the danger I was putting my sons in is what got me in the door.

Good luck, keep coming back here!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coraltint View Post
If you had a babysitter who drank into blackout while in charge of your boy, you would fire them, right?

Not trying to be evil....just use that horrific example as a visual/mental aid as to why you should get help & stop drinking. Conventional recovery wisdom says we "must do it for ourselves", but the danger I was putting my sons in is what got me in the door.

Good luck, keep coming back here!!
Wow-That's a good way of looking at it.I'm a mum and used to drink a bottle of wine plus every night. If a babysitter did that and blacked out I'd def fire them or even report them to the police /social services for neglect/endangering a minor. I'm just lucky no one reported me and nothing bad happened
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Coraltint and ReadyAtLast I can totally go with this - why on earth did I think it was reasonable for me to drink a bottle of wine each night when my two small children are in bed? Just dreadful to think of the potential consequences of that. And yes, if I had a child-minder do that I would be livid!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coraltint View Post
!
Most excellent! And so true!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I, too, did this with my children in the home. And they were taken from me and placed in another home for 10 days. And I currently can't live in the home that they reside in. And I am still going through all of the steps that are required of me by Children and Family Services. And my kids are in their own counseling to try to get over the trauma that they've been through.

Lots of people say, 'If I quit now, my kids won't remember me this way.' Lots of others say, 'I grew up with an alcoholic parent and I was miserable.' How many of those parents that turned into the lifetime alcoholics told themselves that first line, over and over, until they just gave up or until they were to the point of no return?

I, for one, would like to be one of the ones whose kids don't ever remember me drinking. Join me, bagpussgirl. We can make this change.