Notices

Newcomer to Recovery

Old 03-17-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer to Recovery

Hi there, my name is Bobby, I'm a newly registered member to sober recovery.Thought It'd be a good idea to go ahead and get my first post in. I'm 25 years old, I've had a pretty strong addiction to alcohol since I was pretty much 18, before I recently stopped drinking I kept drinking on a daily basis thinking I couldn't go a day without having alcohol in my body, but I've finally quit the drinking, it's been a little rough since I stopped, I'm just hoping the urge for the alcohol starts to get alot easier soon.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Bobby, I'm new today too. I don't even have a day sober yet, I'm hoping to find the courage to do that here. You might like to read my first post which I posted about 10 mins ago rather than repeating it all here. Good luck to you and congratulations on finding SR.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

to both of you. I hope you'll fins SR as helpful as I do.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you both - you'll find a ton of support & encouragement here

D
Old 03-17-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Welcome, Bobby.

I sure wish I'd been as wise as you to see my problem when I was young rather than stuffing it for decades! I am quite certain you will never regret coming to this understanding now.

You'll find a lot of support and wisdom here.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to you both! I am a member of AA and go to lots of meetings, hangout with people in the program, and have a sponser which helped me through the 12 steps which I continue on a daily. I start my day off with prayer and end my day with prayer. It took me 6 months to surrender to this simple program. The first year I went to 13 meetings a week. It was the only place I felt safe. My drinking career lasted 38 long misreable years. I've had 15 glorius years of sanity and peace. Would not give that away for anything or anybody. Oh, I have to deal with life on life's terms, but hey I have had the wonderful support and a loving God to get me through the rough spots. I so wish I would have found AA when I was younger. But it is what it is! God bless
Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to our newcomers! Yes, the urge to drink does get less and less until finally it's just a faint whisper that's easy to ignore.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome! You definitely found a great place with so much advice, help and so much more. Hope you both stick around you will be happy you did!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Bobby and Flujays;

Welcome to the SR family! You have found a great place with lots of caring people and encouraging words, again, welcome.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So I'm on day 8 now, just got home from work a little bit ago, trying to still keep myself busy to keep my mind off the alcohol, the urge for the alcohol still seems strong but I'm still able to keep myself busy to keep my mind off it, hope it keeps going well.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

[Hi Bobby, I'm new today too. I don't even have a day sober yet, I'm hoping to find the courage to do that here. You might like to read my first post which I posted about 10 mins ago rather than repeating it all here. Good luck to you and congratulations on finding SR.]

Thanks FluJays, I really appreciate it, I hope you can find the courage to stop soon, and good luck to you too!