Notices

Forgiving yoirself and others: how did you do it?

Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by applecake View Post
As I've started mentally retracting my consent to inferiority, it has been liberating to realize I don't have to go through that kind of abuse anymore.
When I learned to have boundaries, I found my life was far more peaceful. I do have a choice over what I let into my life. I don't allow spiritual pollution into my life anymore. There's plenty of positive, like minded people out there, I no longer feel like I have to be in situations , just to go along or fit in.

I went out for coffee with some folks in NA that I didn't really know that well and they were talking about girlie bars and stuff that I just wasn't comfortable taking part in.

I don't know, but when I restablished a relationship with my higher power (Jesus) , I know he is with me 24 /7 and I can't be in situations that don't honor his presence. I can't say I love God and then spew trash from my mouth. I have to back off from those situations.

I am finding my nitch in NA. A real great healthy group of people who hold each other accountable. People with real integrity who don't just talk the talk but live the principles in their lives. I am trying not to be judgemental, sorry if I sound that way. I know everyone is on their own spiritual journey.

This is just where I am at right now, I wasn't always here. It took a long time to finally have a consciense and to have self respect.
But thanks for the post!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Night owl

Thank you EQ for starting this thread and everyone for your heartfull, thoughtful, insightful and empowering posts. This thread is like a treasure trove.

=^o^=