Notices

I think I'm getting there .. :-)

Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I'm getting there .. :-)

Hi, so I just completed Day 2 with no trouble whatsoever really. I took my son out to a restaurant last night to congratulate him for good grades .. I just had a glass of water during the meal (not even a sideways look at the winelist!) and for the first time for ages we talked properly :-) I went to the gym yesterday for the first time for two months -and plan on going again today .. best of all I woke up at 6.45am this morning with no trouble whatsoever and made my kid eggs and talked to him properly over breakfast (instead of being too hungover to do so !).. now I am starting work with a clear head and NO ANXIETY .. Hurray ! Let's hope I can keep this up - This has happened to me before but then at Day 4 I crack and give in...anyway I am already feeling the benefits so that is good ! I am so grateful for your support.. please keep it coming . Hope everyone has an amazing clear-headed Wednesday !! xx
Old 03-13-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it going Icandothis

D
Old 03-13-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are here for you!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 View Post
Let's hope I can keep this up - This has happened to me before but then at Day 4 I crack and give in...
Of course you can keep this up. Crush the doubt. Ignore the negative thinking. It's your addiction setting you up to relapse. Don't fall for the "I always give up at Day 4" line. Just because it happened before doesn't make it true now. Believe that.

Then only way to get to day 5 and beyond is to get through day 4. One day at a time.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go Icandothis, keep going. Block out that AV, and remember how good you feel in this moment
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I read a post by PondLady...if I my quote her....

"how I could have ever valued wine more than my husband"

When I read that I inserted "wife" working in the yard, going to the gym, swimming...so many words...for you...

insert "son" "gym" having nice talks with your son...

It hit home to me.....maybe you too...good going though...

I'm on day 163 and today I spend all day with my sweet wife working out in the yard...looks like a park...I will sleep so great tonight...how could I value wine/beer more then today with my wife?