Notices

Getting there...and its getting easier

Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting there...and its getting easier

I'm 93 days sober today..that's 3 months of no alcohol in my system but plenty of it in my thoughts..!!
I still feel like a newcomer despite the days adding up and I wanted to post here to give all the encouragement that I can to anyone earlier in recovery.
It has been an enormous struggle for me to get to this point and not a day goes by without offering thanks to the power which is keeping me safe. Each day I work at staying sober and I truly realise that a slip is possible on any given day.

Thankfully I don't desire drink anymore but I have had many moments of temptation when I had to remind myself of all that I had to lose by picking up again. So much to lose after these last 3 months of peace and growing self-belief, so much more that I want to hold onto for the life that I deserve.

Keep going, we all must keep striving for the freedom that is possible once we don't give up on ourselves xxx
Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great, good for you. Keep at it. It's always good to hear the stories of people who have remained sober.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. You are doing a fine job. Keep up the AMAZING work because you are so worth it.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You must have found the end of the rainbow. Congrats!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering

Congrats on the 3 months!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marria View Post
I'm 93 days sober today..that's 3 months of no alcohol in my system but plenty of it in my thoughts..!!
I still feel like a newcomer despite the days adding up and I wanted to post here to give all the encouragement that I can to anyone earlier in recovery.
It has been an enormous struggle for me to get to this point and not a day goes by without offering thanks to the power which is keeping me safe. Each day I work at staying sober and I truly realise that a slip is possible on any given day.

Thankfully I don't desire drink anymore but I have had many moments of temptation when I had to remind myself of all that I had to lose by picking up again. So much to lose after these last 3 months of peace and growing self-belief, so much more that I want to hold onto for the life that I deserve.

Keep going, we all must keep striving for the freedom that is possible once we don't give up on ourselves xxx
Thanks for the encouraging post Marria. (just over 3 weeks for me) In my early days/struggles, I need to hear this. Much appreciated. Your hard work is paying off. Well done. Continued success as you deserve.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you & thanks for sharing.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Marria. It is rough going in the beginning - when we've always used it to cope with things. Once we realize life is actually easier to handle without it - we feel so free. As you said, you feel at peace - and that feeling will keep growing. Congratulations on your 93 days.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

93 days of peace...sounds wonderful....great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Maria, Great post! These posts are so motivating for me as well as for all of us newbies. Congrats on 90+ days.