SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Getting there...and its getting easier (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/287254-getting-there-its-getting-easier.html)

Marria 03-12-2013 01:10 PM

Getting there...and its getting easier

I'm 93 days sober today..that's 3 months of no alcohol in my system but plenty of it in my thoughts..!!
I still feel like a newcomer despite the days adding up and I wanted to post here to give all the encouragement that I can to anyone earlier in recovery.
It has been an enormous struggle for me to get to this point and not a day goes by without offering thanks to the power which is keeping me safe. Each day I work at staying sober and I truly realise that a slip is possible on any given day.

Thankfully I don't desire drink anymore but I have had many moments of temptation when I had to remind myself of all that I had to lose by picking up again. So much to lose after these last 3 months of peace and growing self-belief, so much more that I want to hold onto for the life that I deserve.

Keep going, we all must keep striving for the freedom that is possible once we don't give up on ourselves xxx

FeenixxRising 03-12-2013 01:15 PM

Great, good for you. Keep at it. It's always good to hear the stories of people who have remained sober.

Mizzuno 03-12-2013 01:19 PM

Thank you for sharing. You are doing a fine job. Keep up the AMAZING work because you are so worth it.

ClearLight 03-12-2013 01:21 PM

You must have found the end of the rainbow. Congrats!

Michael66 03-12-2013 01:32 PM

Congrats on the 3 months!

Tammy47 03-12-2013 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Marria (Post 3858811)
I'm 93 days sober today..that's 3 months of no alcohol in my system but plenty of it in my thoughts..!!
I still feel like a newcomer despite the days adding up and I wanted to post here to give all the encouragement that I can to anyone earlier in recovery.
It has been an enormous struggle for me to get to this point and not a day goes by without offering thanks to the power which is keeping me safe. Each day I work at staying sober and I truly realise that a slip is possible on any given day.

Thankfully I don't desire drink anymore but I have had many moments of temptation when I had to remind myself of all that I had to lose by picking up again. So much to lose after these last 3 months of peace and growing self-belief, so much more that I want to hold onto for the life that I deserve.

Keep going, we all must keep striving for the freedom that is possible once we don't give up on ourselves xxx

Thanks for the encouraging post Marria. (just over 3 weeks for me) In my early days/struggles, I need to hear this. Much appreciated. Your hard work is paying off. Well done. Continued success as you deserve.

Rosiepetal 03-12-2013 05:58 PM

Good for you & thanks for sharing.

Hevyn 03-12-2013 06:39 PM

Hi Marria. It is rough going in the beginning - when we've always used it to cope with things. Once we realize life is actually easier to handle without it - we feel so free. As you said, you feel at peace - and that feeling will keep growing. Congratulations on your 93 days.

Stewart888 03-12-2013 06:45 PM

93 days of peace...sounds wonderful....great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clight 03-12-2013 06:55 PM

Maria, Great post! These posts are so motivating:You_Rock_ for me as well as for all of us newbies. Congrats on 90+ days.