Notices

my story so far

Old 03-12-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy my story so far

Hi all,
Right, where to begin?!?!?
Im a 33 yr old married guy with 2 kids aged 6-7
Ive been in the same routine more or less for the past 6-8 years.
During the week I have no urge to drink not even a single can or shot.
But come friday or saturday (depending on work) I start literally fantasising about drink and getting drunk. I cant wait to arrange meeting up with friends or relatives or whoever is free! And once that first drink goes down I just drink at a pace where I can feel a buzz asap. And I soon forget that ive got a family and everything becomes irrelevant. A few drinks become a whole nite and to make things even worse there has been the addition of Coccaine in to the mix for the past year. This adds to the problem and makes weekends for my family horrible. Any advice or anything from anyone welcome.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you considered giving up drinking for a bit? Do you have something else you could do on the weekend? I'd imagine there are a ton of things you could do with 2 kids at that age Welcome to SR x
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I hope this is the start of a sober future.

I have two questions: are you going to use a program (like AA)?

And, does your wife drink?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to SR Deehu
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hi Deehu. Welcome.

That's not you. That's your addiction, your addictive voice(AV). "And once that first drink goes down" IT owns you.

Substitute some other fantasies: Taking the kids to the beach or park. Golf. Hiking. Gardening. ANYTHING ELSE. Make concrete plans to fill your weekend with healthy activities. Remind yourself that if you take that first drink all your plans will be ruined.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for raking time our to repky guys.
Couple of years ago I gave up for 3 months solid and this january I didnt touch anything. Drinks or drugs. But come 1st feb I was back on it like before. On the odd weekend I dont drink we as a family do go fir walks or just have indoor family time if weather cold n wet. Wii or movies a particular favourite.
AA is something ive looked at and am considering.
And yes my wife also drinks but not like to my level and probably drinks mor so when prompted by me.
Thanjs again guys for replyling
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im not drunk now...writing on the galaxy tab 2 thats why spelling all over the place lol
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Deehu
On the odd weekend I dont drink we as a family do go fir walks or just have indoor family time if weather cold n wet. Wii or movies a particular favourite.
Schedule it. Get a datebook/calendar and ink it in. Commit to it. Friday: pizza and movies with the kids 6PM. When the fantasies/invites start, "No, I've got a date with the kids."

When I was drinking I would make dates to see my parents. I didn't drink on the days I was going to see them.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deehu View Post
Im not drunk now...writing on the galaxy tab 2 thats why spelling all over the place lol
That's funny.

I have heard others suggest to give up alcohol for 90 days and see how you feel. For me, I can not touch the stuff. I have attended AA on and off for years. AA is where i need to be, and need to stay. You have come to the right place for support. Please keep posting.