Notices

How do you feel about counting? (Day three, btw!)

Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Personally, counting irks me. The first couple of weeks I kept track to give myself an approximate idea of how much longer I had to endure the WDs, but now days I prefer not to think about it. I really don't see the point of counting unless you are counting towards something. There is no end figure (for me anyway), so I find it quite discouraging to keep track. I mean, what's a week/month/year/etc in the grand scheme of things? "Hooray! I've gone 2 months without drinking... Only 50-odd years to go..." :/
Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
I personally found counting counter productive for me. I'd get all nervous and stupid around "milestone" days...30,60,90.
I'm exactly the same. In fact coming up on a "milestone" is incredibly stressful for me. Just the way my mind works, I suppose.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
All is Change

I'm essentially indifferent afa myself is concerned and I say that without meaning to influence anyone or take anything away from anyone just logging it as an example of diversity. I occasionally forget my own birthday to the amusement of my kids. It's something about what matters to me I think. afa boozing goes, I'm glad I'm sober today.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I don't count anymore, it's too much work, I am busy otherwise working on my recovery