Notices

New in Recovery

Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink New in Recovery

Hello. I have been drinking every weekend for 10 years since I was 22. In my early 30's it was wine with binging once per month. I am 33 now. 8 days ago i decided it all stops. Fridays the usual time when I drink I experienced really bad anxiety. Terrible anxiety exactly a week after going sober. It's strange now being out sober when all your friends around you drink, when my boyfriend is having a few beers, however I think this is just a transition phase and I will get used to it. I started excercising every chance I get and eating super healthy no sugar, nothing processed, lots of healthy protein, fats and veggies. Aside for temporary but very intense anxiety what else should I expect in this process. Day 9 is tomorrow for me. Thanks so much fellow memebers and new friends.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It manifests differently for all of us. I have intense anxiety and depression that tries to take me back to where I was. If you are having urges to drink it might be a good idea to stay away from the places and people that trigger them for awhile till you get your footing on controlling them. Just remember that you are doing this for yourself and be true to your goal. Congrats on the 8 days it gets easier the longer you go.

T
Old 03-09-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Welcome. 8 days is great. Be patient. Each day is different early on. It gets better. Great job getting some exercise. I think that is really important.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I concur, it does get easier as time goes by but try and change up your routines from what you normally did when you drank. I found that doing different things and keeping busy helped me out tremendously. I also changed up my attitude where I was the lucky one to be sober and not that they were the lucky ones that got to drink

Good luck and congrats on day 8!