Notices

end of Day 5

Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

end of Day 5

Day 5 is over. i made it through my major shopping trip without dropping by the liquor department or picking up any cooking sherry or marsala (lord that stuff tastes nasty but it'll get you drunk). i still thought about the liquor department a few times but i guess that's to be expected. i still want a drink. i really, really want one. but i don't as well. we know how that goes. i am fine being uncomfortable. i understand how this goes and i know this too shall pass. i made it to a meeting today and met some nice people. found out that this meeting place (only 3 blocks or so from my place) has an 8:30PM meeting every night so woot! i printed out a first step worksheet and have started filling it out. i'm not crazy about it. i don't like dredging up the past. i'm having to write down some things that i don't care to admit to. i'm not writing down some things because if my husband came across it, it could be a real big problem. i didn't cheat on him but i nearly did. thank goodness i was with a gentleman who wouldn't take advantage of a drunk girl. well, i have a meeting or two i want to make tomorrow and more work on this damned worksheet.

God, thank you for keeping me sober today. i can't do it alone. i'll keep making decisions followed by actions instead of intentions followed by more intentions. thank you for this day.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on day 5! Easy does it!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Soon be a week,
John.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Day 5 is over. i made it through my major shopping trip without dropping by the liquor department or picking up any cooking sherry or marsala (lord that stuff tastes nasty but it'll get you drunk). i still thought about the liquor department a few times but i guess that's to be expected. i still want a drink. i really, really want one. but i don't as well. we know how that goes. i am fine being uncomfortable. i understand how this goes and i know this too shall pass. i made it to a meeting today and met some nice people. found out that this meeting place (only 3 blocks or so from my place) has an 8:30PM meeting every night so woot! i printed out a first step worksheet and have started filling it out. i'm not crazy about it. i don't like dredging up the past. i'm having to write down some things that i don't care to admit to. i'm not writing down some things because if my husband came across it, it could be a real big problem. i didn't cheat on him but i nearly did. thank goodness i was with a gentleman who wouldn't take advantage of a drunk girl. well, i have a meeting or two i want to make tomorrow and more work on this damned worksheet.

God, thank you for keeping me sober today. i can't do it alone. i'll keep making decisions followed by actions instead of intentions followed by more intentions. thank you for this day.
Yay keep going u can do iiiit x