Notices

Im on day 3...

Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing newhope and serenity I am day 5 now and its so helpful to know that there are other people out there going through the same things as me and I am not alone.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Do you have phone numbers from your meetings? If not, I suggest that you get some. Moments like this is exactly when you need to be calling someone.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by owls4eva View Post
Thank you so much for sharing newhope and serenity I am day 5 now and its so helpful to know that there are other people out there going through the same things as me and I am not alone.
I'm on Day 6- I had a weird burst of nervous energy towards the end of the day. Someone came in my office to ask me a question & I prattled on & on and he looked at me like I was a little crazy.

On Day 3- I struggled & turned to SR for help.

AA meetings are helping me stay focused and move towards a plan for staying sober, even this early on in my sobriety.

But- having this outlet has been invaluable.

SB
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 13 for me. Well done Newhope on Day 3. I understand the struggle on night 3. I too live alone, so my plan each night is to come home, cook something quickly or take away (since cooking brings on the desire to drink) and then to bed real early with book, tv, SR. I just feel in these early days, I need to stay away from the norm (sit in liv room, drink wine) so am living in my bedroom so to speak from early eve. (oh and as Fantail suggested - yep I'm in the kitchen every hour treating my self to some goodies, guilt free ). Just until the major craving dies down. Good to hear, as Whiskey stated, the cravings pass, that we just have to "get through" these early days. Like Very Ready said "myself is the only person I need" - so true for me as I go through this process. Best wishes
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Way to go Newhope. I am on my 11 th day with one stupid slip up (one drink) last Sunday. Day three was pretty gritty. I purposely quit when I had a three day weekend and pretty much stayed in my recliner in my sweatpants for a few days. Nausea kept me from enjoying much food but I devoured a book a day, mainly memoirs of people who quit drinking. They really helped me out. I also spent hours in Sr reading stories and posts and asking questions.

Hang tough a find some people to be accountable to. The day I had a drink I told my wife and my brother who has been sober for fifteen years. I knew if I was not honest and accountable I would slip away into the old life.

Go for it.