Notices

4 days sober

Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days sober

I really want to stop drinking for good. I do good for a while, then think I can handle drinking like a normal person. History has proven me wrong. Nothing makes me want drink more than an AA meeting. I am trying a new approach with this sight.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome. While AA works for many alcoholics, it does not work for everyone. Read around on the various forums here. There are lots of different paths leading to sobriety. One of them will work for you!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Welcome kroyce. This site is great. When you feel like a drink just read and post here. It helped me.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Kroyce, as veryready says its great here. I'm the same as you went 7 weeks without a drink, thought I could handle a couple beers no probs - jeez how wrong that was. It's great that you're here now.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR kroyce

D
Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done Kroyce for taking that step... you are three days ahead of me. I look forward to following in your footsteps. Let's not be fooled into thinking we can go down that sad path again. Life is too short to waste in such a way. Some people can drink in moderation but I know while I don't drink all day every day and often don't finish a whole bottle, the frequency of my drinking is a problem and the effect it has on running my day to day life. It's only a matter of time before things get beyond the point where we can manage to pull them back.

We are on a good path to feeling better more of the time, let's grit our teeth and make sure we get to reap the rewards of sobriety. x
Old 02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family kroyce. It helps greatly to know we're not alone in this. I drank my whole life and finally stopped because of the help and support I received here.

We're glad you joined us - you can do this. Congratulations on your 4 days sober.