Notices

30 days! WAHOO!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days! WAHOO!

Today I hit 30 days and the first thing I wanted to do was share that with everyone here. So, hello SR, I MADE IT TO 30 DAYS!! YAY!!

I know that it's coming on here and reading all of your posts that's allowed me to think of getting sober as an adventure rather than a burden. It's improved my life in so many ways already and it's forcing me to learn how to really deal with my problems rather than ignore them.

I'm so excited for what's to come. I know it won't always be easy but I know it will always be better than what used to be.

Thank you to all of you. I am so grateful for having found this forum.

Now where is that dancing white blob when I need it? Oh well, this will have to do.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amelia99 View Post
Today I hit 30 days and the first thing I wanted to do was share that with everyone here. So, hello SR, I MADE IT TO 30 DAYS!! YAY!!

I know that it's coming on here and reading all of your posts that's allowed me to think of getting sober as an adventure rather than a burden. It's improved my life in so many ways already and it's forcing me to learn how to really deal with my problems rather than ignore them.

I'm so excited for what's to come. I know it won't always be easy but I know it will always be better than what used to be.

Thank you to all of you. I am so grateful for having found this forum.

Now where is that dancing white blob when I need it? Oh well, this will have to do.
Amelia 99,

Congrats! I hope you keep this up for the rest of your life and never touch alcohol again.Were you a heavy drinker before ?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Del

Well done I can't imagine 30 days wow good for you
Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cengiz View Post
Amelia 99,

Congrats! I hope you keep this up for the rest of your life and never touch alcohol again.Were you a heavy drinker before ?
I was the kind of drinker where one night out would result in a three day binge, morning, noon and night, accompanied by terrible anxiety and followed by withdrawals. I, too, hope that I can maintain sobriety for the rest of my life. I know it's the only solution.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Amelia xxx
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was the kind of drinker where one night out would result in a three day binge, morning, noon and night, accompanied by terrible anxiety and followed by withdrawals. I, too, hope that I can maintain sobriety for the rest of my life. I know it's the only solution.
Amelia 99;

Sorry for my asking but when you a binge,how hard is it?

Morning,noon and night !A double each period of hard spirit or several doubles.I''ll give you an example of myself. İn Turkey we have ''raki''very similar to Greek Oouzo,a 45 degree .I drink 5-6 doubles of that each time but only twice a week .Considering I may exceed that a little ,per day it averages like 2 doubles.But whether it is ok to calculate it like that,I do not know!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Del

Hi there,sorry for jumping in but to be honest I think it's not about the amount or how often,for me it's about how it makes me feel
Do you enjoy it? Do you act negatively in your other responsibilities because of drinking....etc etc
Do you blackout? Do you swear off alcohol and then drink again very soon regardless of the consequences?
Try answer these questions to yourself and you should give yourself a fair idea of whether you need help or not good luck
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations Amelia! And what a lovely way to think of it, as "adventure rather than a burden". I'm just over 4 months and I've been walking round like a total misery guts. Going to try and take on some of your positive attitude! Well done on your 30 days.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Del View Post
Hi there,sorry for jumping in but to be honest I think it's not about the amount or how often,for me it's about how it makes me feel
Do you enjoy it? Do you act negatively in your other responsibilities because of drinking....etc etc
Do you blackout? Do you swear off alcohol and then drink again very soon regardless of the consequences?
Try answer these questions to yourself and you should give yourself a fair idea of whether you need help or not good luck
Hello Del;but I think amount and how often are quite important as far as addiction goes!Addiction is the worst.You may get heavily drunk once a month a get a black out but still you may not be addicted!Everybody's system is different.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with Del. I finally realized it was destructive to my life and that's all that matters. Personally, I spent a very long time trying to quantify it and that was never enough to make me want to quit. I had to want to make my life better. Now I want that and the next step it to keep wanting that forever.

Eli, congrats on four months. That's amazing! I'm also a total misery guts somedays, and terrified other days, and finally hopeful on occasion. Keep up the good work. <3
Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awesome job Amelia99!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey, you drank like I used to drink!

Big congrats on 30 days, forward is the right direction (with a nod to our dear CarolD).
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks Amelia, you too!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That is so Great Congrats!!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yay!

I am please for you!
Be very proud of you
xxxx
Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

yaaay!!!!!! congratulations on your first big landmark!!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Huge marketing stone. Congrats. 30 Days is a long time...30 minutes is a long time hahaha. That is awesome. Keep on doing the work and don't get complacent. Your a miracle!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Amelia

D
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Amelia, 30 days! WAHOO! You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Even if you stop drinking for a year,cravings can happen very strongly!You can still feel the urge to drink!But during that time if you can control yourself and have 1-2 drinks,it means you are there,which means you are ok!! Otherwise it will start again!!