Notices

Mini success last night

Old 02-19-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hope for change

Mini success last night

Well I officially turned down my first drink offer last night. Went to my bf's cousins house last night to hang out for a little and she asked us if we could bring a bottle of wine which I had one chilling in fridge. My bf was like I'm not gunna drink any wine but u and her can, and I said no but I would bring one for her anyways ( he doesn't know I'm doing this site or not drinking, I just don't want to feel like anyone is holding me accountable for my actions but myself, and I know if I tell him he'll be on my ass and that will only make me want to drink behind his back) so we got there and I handed her the bottle of wine and she opened it up and asked my bf if he wanted a glass and he said no and so did I which in turn she said you guyyyysss commeeeee onnnn, my bf said fine ill have a glass with you but I stayed strong! Even though I could smell the merlot from across the room...i just told myself i would be depressed in the morning if i already failed on day 1... And i totally would of been. But I'm still in my " 5 days after a binge guilt phase" so I don't consider this a huge success. This weekend will be s true test. Wish me luck!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itsmytime1234 View Post
Well I officially turned down my first drink offer last night. Went to my bf's cousins house last night to hang out for a little and she asked us if we could bring a bottle of wine which I had one chilling in fridge. My bf was like I'm not gunna drink any wine but u and her can, and I said no but I would bring one for her anyways ( he doesn't know I'm doing this site or not drinking, I just don't want to feel like anyone is holding me accountable for my actions but myself, and I know if I tell him he'll be on my ass and that will only make me want to drink behind his back) so we got there and I handed her the bottle of wine and she opened it up and asked my bf if he wanted a glass and he said no and so did I which in turn she said you guyyyysss commeeeee onnnn, my bf said fine ill have a glass with you but I stayed strong! Even though I could smell the merlot from across the room...i just told myself i would be depressed in the morning if i already failed on day 1... And i totally would of been. But I'm still in my " 5 days after a binge guilt phase" so I don't consider this a huge success. This weekend will be s true test. Wish me luck!
Wow, great job. I'm sure you feel terrific today. I think you are smart for being accountable for yourself and wanting to quit for yourself and not for anyone else.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you did it! I remember being afraid that if I said no to a beer all the music in the bar would stop & everyone would stop talking & a spotlight would light me up. that's never happened!

sounds like you took a little bit of flak for not wanting the wine, but stood strong. most times it will be easier than that, I've found. most people don't care that much about whether I'm drinking or not....I make it a MUCH bigger deal in my head.

good work, keep it up!!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Awesome Iron Will.

I know what you mean about if someone else is holding you accountable that it makes you just want to be sneaky. I like getting away with stuff almost as much as I like being drunk. Someone telling me "you can't" just makes me want to prove them wrong (even if I sneak it and they don't know it!)