Notices

Hi again.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I heard on a TV show last night "Necessary Roughness" a good description of alcoholism (therapist to football player) "Quitting drinking is not an event, but a series of battles"

She was talking about his need to get an AA sponsor. ...and do all the other work.

Still there are no guarantees, but we have to use all the tools we have to make it work.

Glad you posted. I am only 3 days sober myself... try for the sober weekend.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Pamel that's a great quote. I'm happy to say I went home last night even though I did text a friend to see what she was doing (a drinking friend) and when she responded that she had no plans and suggested we go out (drinking), I was able to say no, I was headed home. I'm sure I confused her but who cares. The two meetings in 2 days helped. And I noticed that the second meeting I had gone to, the one I said felt too big and overwhelming and I felt anonymous (in a bad way), probably would have been more helpful if I had sucked it up and raised my hand and told the group I was just coming back instead of hiding in the back afraid of such a big crowded room. That might have made the difference between me simply going home after work versus going home after work yet being tempted- even though I always will be. I just might not have actually texted her. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think I'm learning that I will only get out of the meetings what I put into it. Just showing up is in itself the most important part obviously but I have to meet it halfway even if it's a meeting that is outside my comfort zone.

Blah blah blah anyway I just wanted to say good morning to everybody and I'm really happy to have woken up sober and without a hangover and happy. I pulled the blinds today instead of keeping them shut and going back to sleep nauseas and filled with self-hate and stinking like booze and listening to my two cats crying for me to feed them and me wondering how this is all going to end, when do I lose my job, when do I lose my house, when do I get caught driving drunk.

It's a good day I wish the same for everyone else here.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you made it through backbeat

D