Notices

Well Day 1 again.....haha

Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well Day 1 again.....haha

well, i did well at cutting back, and in my mind i thought that plan would work. After a bender with an old friend, i have come to the conclusion that moderation isnt working. I just talked to a friend as well who has been sober for about 8 months, and another really close friend who really spelled it out. I am unable to control drinking. I cant have one! The word moderation is not in my dictionary. I did something different today though which was good. I talked to my dad about it. I told him im great at a lot of things, and I really am, but I really really suck at drinking!

I think for my first time I really realize that it cant be in my life. I am too good and have to many great things to drown it. So here we go. I work all week, and the weeks are easy for me to not drink. However my weekends go to crap because I get really bored. What makes this time different, I think I actually accepted that I am addicted to drinking.

Also talking to my dad about it helped. we both agreed that its something I have to work through, and that he is very supportive. I was a little uneasy talking to him, but knowing that he cares and understands helps. He asked me to make him a promise, and I did, and it was give myself 30 days. I am not drinking for 30 days! one day at a time, But heres to day one of feeling really down (from drinking). I simply said I have to find other ways to enjoy life besides drinking. It simply has got to stop! There isnt a grey area of light drinking for me, its all or nothing......Heres to nothing!

sometimes it might take a few tries to get the hang of it, but I just gave in the white towel, I am powerless against it. I have also started praying more about it and I think finding some inner peace. I envy those who can be moderate drinkers, however I am not one of them. But I do believe I am awesome, and that in 30 days I will look back and say that didnt suck! I will be checking in here a bit more often, and just go fro their. My new perspective......a divorce with alcohol.......She is the worst relationship I have, and its about to end!

Thanks for all the support
Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back guskasb14

For me it's nothing too - alcohol changes me...once that change happens all bets are off.
It's much better to live my life not playing Russian roulette that way

D
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome guskasb!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am going to try to quit alcohol for Lent starting in 2 days on Ash Wednesday. Gave up coffee for the last 3 months but beer is much harder.
Tomorrow is jambalaya and a few cold ones to welcome in a sober following day and hopefully 40 straight days that will lead to completely quitting.
Good luck my friend!