Notices

Day 1, so we meet again!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1, so we meet again!

I learned a lot from my past relapses... Something new each time...

Trying to stay sober without working on other aspects of my life i want to improve is nothing for me! I need some things to change and be proud of myself!

Until now i was just working all-day, hoping i won't have too bad cravings, getting home and sitting on my a** and hoping that days will pass faster.

Until NOW! Because now i know what i have to do when i get home. Because that "getting home without a plan" was my biggest trigger.

My top priority is staying sober, but i will not just wait for the time to pass, i will make myself be happy. Or what i saw at a member's status here (unfortunately i don't remember who he is ) : "Learning to live again!"
And one more for the road: The bottle is a lie!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Weird. Congrats for making the decision to have a plan this time...have you figured one out yet? I find that engaging my mind in other pursuits, even simple things like cleaning up and organizing around the hours keep my mind from wandering.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you don't mind, I am going to tag along. I have been "tapering" and I think this will be my last day. Would you like a friend/ buddy here? I can certainly use the companionship.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Wierd and Pamel!!

I know this can be done ....if I can do it....well i know you can too!!! I am on day 36 and am taking nothing for granted but each day is better and stronger!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

36!!! Well that is a world away. Still, I am convinced, so it seems like you are a good person to ... shall we say, hang in there with?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for interest! Yes, i have a plan. I kinda have other things i want to change in my life, so i'll fill every single moment of my free time with working on them. It will not be easy or relaxing, but at least i won't have issues with sleep anymore.

Pamel, i am too alone on this path (no one knows that i am an alcoholic and it's better to remain that way) and i know how discouraging it could be, so yeah, i think it'll be nice to have along someone who share the same strugglings
Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Pamel :-)

I'm here to hang with anytime!! If you would have asked me 36 days ago I woulda said OMG not ME!!! But here I am and you will be too!!! Hang tough and keep checking in! I will too!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Weird!!!!

There are so many of us goin through the same thing! I am kinda alone in this too so all the help we can foster from each other and other support systems the better!!! Work the plan!! We are here!!! Yay!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
36!!! Well that is a world away. Still, I am convinced, so it seems like you are a good person to ... shall we say, hang in there with?
I am on day 36 as well and while it seems like a world away, i still feel like I just started. And as others have mentioned, if I can do it you can too - anyone can. Hang with all of us, we need you as much as you need us.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Back! Sounds like you are ready to do this for you! Congrats!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Me too! I feel so much better knowing it's not just me going through this.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

me too

Day one for me as well tough trying to get in and out of bed as it is eat or drink slowly enough so I wont vomit its hard knowing that my family is gone as well and I don't blame them who would want to be around someone that is always making themselves sick and miserable,I can't stop reading these posts its the only thing i have right now til get strong enough to go to a meeting,but I know. I nedd it for me and my family!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have a question for those who have some more time of sobriety.

I felt like when i was sober, days passed much much slower, 10 days for me seemed like a month. When drinking, days seem to vanish: work, home, booze, blackout, morning, work....repeat the loop...

I noticed that only when i tried to stop. Before i never realised that days are passing so fast... And i was wondering how my last 2 years of life passed so quick that i never did something to improve my life.

Did someone felt this way too?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hugo: Hang tough friend. Day 1 is miserable, lots of water, Gatorade, fluids. Eat if you can, but light soft foods. Most importantly seek medical help if you need to. A tough detox isn't anything to play with. Be safe and stay on here with us!!! It was and still is a lifeline for me too! Keep reading and posting!!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Weird: hahaha! I felt exactly the same way! Where the heck did those years go and I did squat to improve myself!!!! The first week or 10 days droned on forever as i started to figure out what to do with the "sober" me ... and then the time warp kinda started to even out as I started to feel better. NOW that I am doing all the things that I didn't do for myself AND OTHERS the days are zipping along .... And strangely enough I seem to Remember what I DID do :-)
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yea Weird. Only day 3 for me. And the days are dragging. I find myself thinking what can I do on Wed, Thur, Fri after work - and oh God those weekends (where I normally like to stay in alone drinking wine). I find when home from work now, I just want to go to bed with a book or SR. So as not to be sitting in my liv room looking at tv (trigger) - and I'm thinking already of what I can do on Saturday to distract self from normal triggers. I live alone too, and have not told anyone I am an alcho. That can feel very lonely. Am considering attending meeting this week. As I think it will help having like minded people in my life right now!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hugo72, just hang in there, you have no idea that you arrived in such a good place, full of support and understanding.
Just submit a personal thread, share your feelings and you will be surprised about how many people care about you, it's a lovely community!
You are definitely not alone here!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes WS - you too Pamel and Hugo and anyone else starting the journey today

Not sure how the days went for me when drinking - it's all a blur...but I remember the days dragged for me too in the beginning when I stopped...they don't now...I barely have enough hours in the day

stick with it guys

D
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Tammy! Good job on day 3 !!!!

The first week ~ rest, hydrate, nourish, spend time here and start formulating your plan!!
Lots of good stuff here as you already are reading! I have spent HOURS at a time reading here and learning ... and now starting to post and reach out. It WILL get better and it is good to have a plan for those times and triggers.
I'm cleaning all my carpets today and refreshing my surroundings. It feels good to be productive. Amazing how much mail and clutter builds up when all you make time for is the drink when you get home! I'll be so tired and sore tonight !!! Hahaha!
Be good to yourself!!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you Kat great advice (precisely I have so much paperwork etc built up) hopefully face it soon! Ew nice to be tired - Enjoy deep sleep