Notices

Hi all! Totally new to this!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all! Totally new to this!

Hi! I've recently decided that my binge drinking is becoming a problem. I cannot stop with one when I start, ad I say mean things to important people in my life, I also cannot stand the guilt and thoughts that run through my head when I wake up with the nasty hangover. I'm hoping this site helps me one day at a time
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! Hope you find the help you need.
Know that a sober, useful and happy life is possible.

Best wishes!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome. Tons of info on this site that helps people stay sober. You're in the right place.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope you find something here that will help you start your road to recovery! Nice work on being here - it shows you are willing to address the issue. Congrats on your first step!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Welcome! You're at the same place I was when I finally wised up and started on the road to recovery. It's not easy, but it's not as hard as you'd think either. Tons of support here. You'll feel SO much better about yourself if you stop. Relationships will improve too. Good luck-glad you found SR
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Dicelee. Welcome to SR!

Congratulations on your decision to quit drinking. Life is really better in sobriety.

This site is a great place with a lot of support, understanging and useful information.

Keep posting and have a good day)
Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Dicelee

You're in a good place here at SR. Lots of support , reinforcement and some really good advice. You are with a new group of friends .. We all get it! Been there done that .

Keep posting
Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Dicelee!! I am glad you have made this decision and there are many people here to help you along the road! Keep reading an posting!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone, I look forward to seeing life through sober eyes.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SophieB View Post
Welcome Dicelee

You're in a good place here at SR. Lots of support , reinforcement and some really good advice. You are with a new group of friends .. We all get it! Been there done that .

Keep posting
We HAVE all been there, done that. Do not expect understanding from the non-holic people. I am never sure if they are the lucky ones, or we are. From the position of an -holic, we do empathize... and help one another.

Glad you are here!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

True statement ... I feel fortunate to be in this "club" of alcoholics because we do get it and can TOTALLY understand others struggles and stories.

I have a friend who is in recovery also, she went home for the holidays and was telling her family some past drinking behaviors . Although they are supportive she said they looked at her like she had two heads. She said she realized it was best to save the drinking days details and share with people like us the " club" that get it.

As much as you try to explain to non alcoholics it is so hard for them to relate.

We are all here for each other.. No judgement!!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome dicelee

D
Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! The support and useful info I've gotten here has helped keep me sober for the last three years. I'm glad you found us and joined!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family, dicelee.

I was like that, too - never knew where that drink would take me. All my good intentions went out the window once it got into my system. No 'off switch', as they say. I'm glad you're taking a look at what drinking is doing to your life.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome! Congrats for admitting you are powerless to alcohol. Keep coming back, lots of great people & wisdom here!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SophieB View Post
She said she realized it was best to save the drinking days details and share with people like us the " club" that get it.
As much as you try to explain to non alcoholics it is so hard for them to relate.
We are all here for each other.. No judgement!!
Great insight Sophie thank you. I am new to this community and recovery support in general. Been laying here all day (day 3 after a horrible relapse) reading and posting on and off and it has been making me feel so much better to have this support this time around.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well done Melissa... Laying around resting is ok your back on the trail to feeling better:0 You can do this! Know that it will be hard for awhile but keep this in mind...it keeps getting better and better if you stick to. Do you really want to go backwards?? I say NO WAY!!

Onward ho
Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome! And you are not alone in feeling guilt, embarassment etc. We have all been there! Read the thread about what we did/do as drunks to hide - or think we are hiding when we drink. They are sometimes funny, sad, stupid etc. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...i-thought.html
This place is an excellent source of encouragement and strength, especially when you think you are isolated and alone in your thoughts.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Noan. Read the thread you posted. What a brilliant thread. I could relate to so many responses. I really did not realize many others up to same tricks as me (hiding bottles, etc). Made me smile (in that I'm not alone) but of course all very pathetic behaviour on my part, is sad. Only day 4 for me, but reading that thread is helping me refrain from booze. So dont want that secret life! Welcome Dicelee. Will be routing for ya