Notices

Grieving mom

Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome. This site is a wonderful recovery tool to help you understand and heal from your alcoholism. You can also create a wonderful support of friends here as well. Here for you 24/7. It's awesome.

I'm at 66 days sober officially from a 31 day rehab program that just helped me clear away the cobwebs.

I saw you said you can't get to meetings every day but they are very very important to your recovery. So please start attending those as well. They will become your life preserver in this storm of life.

I also found that making contact with God again to be beyond my wildest dreams comforting. Each morning I get up and pray and read something inspirational or hopeful and talk to God and ask Him to take away my desire to drink and drug. And that He will help direct me on what to do next! Hope to see you around and you will most assuredly be in my prayers as you have been through it. I know God, this site, AA and good friends will help you through it. Just stay willing for one day only.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Trying. You have been through so much, more than anyone I have ever known. You are indeed a strong lady and it sounds like you have a wonderful son to live for.

Congratulations on your 75 days. Everyone is of course different, but I believe you will find so much peace with sobriety.

It's lovely to meet you!

S x