Notices

just sharing xx

Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile just sharing xx

hi yall,,, hope all is well in sr land,, i just thought id share my ting,,

so,, last wknd i had a slip,, not a major one,, but it was a kinda test , on my part, to see "what i was missing", and "am i boring, now i dont drink?" ,, you know,that kinda thing,, i didnt know it whilst i was doing it,, but had an epiphany the nxt day,, and felt like crap immediatley as i took the 1st sip,, right thru to the next eve,, when i didnt feel physically crap too. the guilt was awful.
i knew that , i kinda needed in a way to "test" myself,, im nearly 3 months,, and well, i think this slip did me the world of good, it made me defo realise that,, im NOT boring at all, and that i AINT missing nowt!!!!
it was a v v v important lesson i learnt,, and i feel even more stronger now,, in my sobriety , to go thru each wonderful day,, without booze,, and feeling mighty fine,, strong,, and ,,defo not bored!!!!
i just wanted to share this,, as it may help some ,, who are coming to a possible, tough time, like at say,, a trigger point,, or just feeling bored/curious , like i was,, and if u do need to take this test,, like me,, i hope u find the answers like i did,, good luck, oh gee,, but im not in any way here saying that u should or need to do this"!!
oh gosh,,, you know wot i mean guys,, i jus want to say ,, dont beat yrself up ,like i did, if it does happen,, cos that dont help,, look at it positivley , and like me ,, hope it will make u stronger for it.
i guess,,
anyhoo,, rabbitted on for way too long,, hope i dont pee anyone of with this,, if i do.. sorry.
thanks for reading,, lv and hugs xx
cleoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx:ghug3
Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Glad you made it through the slip relatively unscathed ,

In the past i've had 4 day long blackouts and i've done enough testing and trying things out with alcohol to know i risk another blackout even if i just intend to try one drink .

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Thanks Cleo. I'm always impressed by the people that slip and get right back here.

We should have a section/thread that is just posts of people that give it a try. They are ALWAS like yours. Disappointed and convinced that giving it a try is not an option.

Thanks for all the positive support you give everyone here. I appreciate it and I am glad you are here.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad your well.

I'm of the opinion that sobriety never needs to be purposefully tested.

Living life sober is test enough for me.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Cleo,

Thank you for sharing that, I am glad you came right back on here. I think part of recovery/life is taking something away from all of our experiences.

I appreciate all of the support you offer everyone on SR!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you for your transparency -
Old 01-26-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you recommitted to not drink after drinking. Keep going strong and use every tool available to you to back up your decision.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile

hi guys,, thanks for the replies,, altough im not sure how to take yrs , bgndfan175??
maybe im having a "moment " lol x

may i just say,, i didnt intend this toi be a test,,it was more of an after thought /epiphany moment i had,,it was certainly not intentional, but deep down it felt like it afterwards,,

anyhoo,,,enjoyed another sober wknd,,my 13th so far xxxxxxxxxxx
lucky for me?? lol xx
lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Cleopatra1; 01-28-2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: additional info x
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope you don't get curious again Cleo. I never like it when people feel the need to drink again. It's just because if I did it I'd be scared I'd never come back. I'm glad you did. And I hope others take from this that you have tried it so they don't have to, not well if she did it maybe I can. It's a dangerous thing to get curious about. x
Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cleopatra1 View Post
i think this slip did me the world of good, it made me defo realise that,, im NOT boring at all, and that i AINT missing nowt!!!!

Cleo-

That's awesome. A lot of us don't make it back after a slip. Glad to hear you did! I agree with ya- most of us certainly are NOT boring, drunk or sober. It's just so much better to be "not boring" AND sober. Thanks for sharing.

Zube
Old 01-28-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

no,, i didnt do it intentionally,, i posted it cos, i wanted to share that, if one does slip,, dont beat yrself up,,like i did , it is possible to get back on and carry on.
i only realised it was a "test",,the nxt day,, as in an subconscious thing,, not a deliberate test as such.
im not at all advocating that anyone "try this",, thats not the point i was trying to get over,, i just wanted to give some hope to some peeps here that do slip up,, and feel so guilty over it, , THE GUILT , almost sends em back to drinking again,, and it doesnt have to be that way,, i was merely offering some positive slant on things, not one bit did i want to "test" myself intentionally,,not at all.
hope i have cleared this up,, sorry for any confusion in my post,, it was merely just me sharing , sorry xx
lv cleo xxxxxxx