Notices

sleeping advise

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sleeping advise

Hello everyone, I am on day 12 now, so happy about it, went through the withdrawals and I think it is finally over however I still can't sleep good, this insomnia is killing me, so my question is how long does insomnia last for and when will I be able to get my sleep back on track again...thanks, any advise would be good
Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
YEM
05/07/2011

It varies from person to and depending on what your poison was. Exercise will help a lot. I drink a tea called get some zzz's that is just an herbal blend and it really helped me. Melatonin is pretty good too. Stick it out, it will for sure get better.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am over 3 months in and my sleep is a little better, I have sleep apnea so that doesn't help matters. I think fresh lemon balm leafs work fabulous, I am going to grow some this summer! I know its hard in the early days but your body will re adjust. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

going, I don't know what you were using, but if it is alcohol it does take a week or even a bit more before you get back to normal where you just doze off. I remember people telling me just to wait it out and I'd see, and sure enough after a while, my eyes just shut and the next thing I knew it was morning, it was such a great feeling.

Give it maybe a couple more days, or maybe try getting up a little earlier than normal, having an active day and maybe that will help knock you out too. I know when I worked out a lot at the gym, once I got out of the shower and hit the sheets it was long after I was snoozing.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took a week or two for me to get my sleeping 'right'.

I didn't use any meds, but if it's really concerning you, the best thing to do is see a Dr I think?

D
Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, my poison was alcohol, for years I would drink everynight and when tipsy enough go pass out and sleep without any interuptions, wow what a big change trying to sleep at night when I don't have drinks to pass out with.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's what I used to think too, that alcohol screws with your sleep. Try some of the others things people tried. We just got done playing tennis for an hour and then I ran all the way back home. Taking a shower, and hopefully I'll sleep nice and sound.

Hope you get your Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!