Notices

Complacency....

Old 01-21-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Complacency....

To me...complacency is the devil...it is where the trouble starts...living as though you have conquered the demon...

I am trying to live as though it is day 1 for me...what I mean by that is simple...I do not ever want to get comfortable with my sobriety...to me that just spells disaster...I want to live like I did when I committed on that first day to get sober and get better...I need to make it to meetings on a regular basis...I need to get a sponsor...I need to stick to this...

Have a great Monday everyone....

Pauly
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely work your recovery like your life depends on it - cos it does.

You posted in our Daily Support Forum Pauly, which is only for the continuation of existing threads.

I have moved your thread here to Newcomers Forum - you should find more response

D
Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice post Pauly. I am really conscious not to get too cocky.

I never hit a bottom but I chose to stop digging. I have to remember that each morning.

I also really appreciate those who are honest about why they slipped. I try and learn from those posts too.

There isn't enough lifetime left for me to learn by my own mistakes!

S x
Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel sobriety demands (and respects) due diligence. For a non drinking drunk like me, there are triggers all around. I surely have the choice to drink or not drink everyday. I stay on top of my recovery, silence the beast when he suggests that just one glass would be fine...and I always remember it is one foot in front of the other and one day at a time. Lord knows I've had more than my share of the poison in the past. My life became unmanageable - I never want to live...no, make that just exist....like that again. Welcome and the best to you each and every single day. Hugs, NBC
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat. I'm at day 87 and I am working a good, strong program and sometimes I get amazed that I'm not thinking about drinking. Then, it's like I make myself think about what it would be like if I went out and got a bottle...and I almost can't fathom doing it, which is so weird because I drank daily for over 10 years. I get so nervous that I'm on this honeymoon period or something and one day it'll all come crashing down.

BUT, here's where the AA program helps. Live for today. Stay grounded. Then, I feel a little better, but sometimes it's hard to do. It's one of those things that I just can't understand - this new willingness and desire to stay sober and be honest with myself. It doesn't feel like "me" - but I like it!