Notices

Accepting it a little more each day

Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Accepting it a little more each day

Society encourages you to drink without regard but then blames you for being an alcoholic. Like we are weak and thus the poor souls of the world.

I firmly believe that we are never given more than we can handle. That life is fair in that regard. With that in mind I must be one damn strong guy.

I can certainly handle affairs that are external more than the internal struggle with addiction. It's not only stupid people that deal with this struggle. In fact it's a group that probably feels to much.

No sugar coated words from me today. I am angry sometimes. But that's such an unproductive emotion.

I have accepted things to a much greater degree recently. Pretending to not be a drunk druggie.

I am one. Certainly that's not the end of the world. It's the beginning. If I cannot say it or see it I can never fix it or manage it. And my alcoholic mind is nothing special in that I need to remind myself everyday to stay focused.

Ok.... Back to work for me. Have a busy day and love my job so I want to get a bunch of things done.

Happy sober Monday! (Hangover free!)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ken...Lots of us have alcoholic minds...It is about how we deal with it rather than pretend we don't have one. Ignoring it puts it in control..Keep your head up and chin down, one day at a time.

Jim